Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been on the forum for a year. Last year I decided to go for another NC750X DCT (my third) but this year fancied a change so picked up a Tricolour with Centre stand, Luggage and heated grips. Well in truth I picked up the bare bike as the luggage and centre stand hadn't come in :laugh: - oh yeah and the OEM heated grips packed in 20 minutes down the road with an error code 3. :crying: Shame - I thought they'd solved the problem. If they don't get them fixed at the first service it will be another set - probably the Oxfords.
Here's the bike looking annoyed because I'm in the nice warm pub having a pint and he can't even get his heated grips going to keep warm.
Mike

·
Registered
105 Posts
No doubt you will love the bike, especially when you get on some open road with sweeping bends...

From experience, if you get the option change over to the Oxford grips and get a refund... Unless they resolve the OEM heating issue with them.

Of note from the dealership manual the E3 error code indicates a faulty grip heater switch.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Those tri colour bikes do look horrible don't they, don't know why people gawp at them when parked.... just can't understand ??
Love mine, will look even better with new wheels.... soon,
6k on it and it gets better and faster...shame Honda cut corners, will cost em in long run.... set button cluster and heated grips also to be sorted under warranty.... still a brilliant tool. ??

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No doubt you will love the bike, especially when you get on some open road with sweeping bends...

From experience, if you get the option change over to the Oxford grips and get a refund... Unless they resolve the OEM heating issue with them.

Of note from the dealership manual the E3 error code indicates a faulty grip heater switch.
Yeah I just spotted that from a forum post. so I squirted in some contact cleaner and then blasted it with my sidekick airblaster - no luck though still the same E3 problem. When I picked it up it seemed Ok on level 5, it was when I switched it down to level 3 that it went wrong.
Mike

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have gone for the Apollo's and the price duty paid was more than the Oxford grips but they do have the integrated switch unit. Must sort out my compressor to help fitting for when they arrive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts