Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Very nice you in EU can have the bike inn several colors. My color is Red, but this side of the pond is only black mate, not shinny like yours.
I was thinking to order my AT from Mother country, but is more expensive. 16.000 euro against $ 15.000 en USA.
Plus the shipping. I am in Aruba.
But " Ik spreek geen nederlands "
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
May be you can buy it without BPM and VAT for NL or Germany

·
Registered
73 Posts
May be you can buy it without BPM and VAT for NL or Germany
Yes. I am exploring all the possibilities now. The lock down has slowed the things a little bit.
Anyway, if I am able to order from NL, it will ship straight to Aruba. Every week are plenty of cargo containers arriving here. Same from USA.
Either case from NL or USA, I think I will not pay Setup, License, registration or other fees. Will see. :unsure:
Only shipping from dealer to container.
Also need to figure out the crate thing. I have read, in USA, supposedly they recycle them, stack and ship then again to Japan. supposed it have certain dollar value. But as I always had knew, these crates are disposable in many products, like bikes, watercraft, generators, etc,etc.

Will prefer the bike from EU. For the Color. For the Specs. To install use the OEM Circuit for the Fog Lamps.

Will See.

Thank You.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks everyone,

Took a big tour today in Braboland (south of The Netherlands, where I live ;-)); far the best bike I ever owned (and this is my 25th), engine braking on 1, automatic gearbox in S1 combined with playing with the paddles, suspension damping in the softest, and then smooth sailing ;). Bumps (a f*cking lot in our little country) are a piece of cake now........

I never go off-road, gets my bike dirty :cool:, I only do long hauls on tarmac, and for me the black version wins hands down.

A U-turn indeed takes a bit of practicing with the DCT, appears the slightest throttlemovement is enough, but I'm still learning.
Hi,

I live in the Netherlands too and own a Africa Twin 2020 DCT as well. I have the white version.
If you want the least enginebraking you have to put the setting on 3.
In this setting the bike is also switching to a lower gear later and makes it less jerkey in lower gears.
even smoother sailing :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I have a ram-mount for my navigation. Dealer is going to connect my BMW Nav5 to the battery during first service. There is a Garmin holder for the zumo660/Nav5.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Manual says EB1 gives the least of engine braking :rolleyes:........
No is doesn't. Look at page 145 of the dutch manual.
There it says : "niveau 3 geeft het zwakste remeffect" Put it on three and you'll see i'm right.
As powersetting 1 gives the MOST power, EB setting 1 gives the MOST engine braking ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
@vanbrug I'm a tosser, you are right, 1 has indeed the strongest enginebraking. Those numbers are a bit confusing :cool:.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Question @vanbrug ; do you have the option to choose the dutch language in the settings on your dashboard?

Mine doesn't.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Question @vanbrug ; do you have the option to choose the dutch language in the settings on your dashboard?

Mine doesn't.

Just I was to ask if bikes in NL have default Dutch language in the dashboard.
Since perhaps I order my AT from NL. And was thinking if the language was locked to Dutch, being a model sold in NL.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts