Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
The dealer was Kestral honda in Coventry. Good luck taking your bike back with rust after a couple of years (with the dealers over here anyway), I am fairly certain that they would just say you washed it wrong or something.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I’m assuming this is the thread that you’re claiming censorship over.

I’m looking at the pictures and the welds look fine. You’re concerned they will rust, but admit that they haven’t. You went through the dealership and they confirmed your bike is fine. You then posted their dealership contact info in a way that suggests you’re trying to direct harassment to them. Your post gets moved to appearance and body (these are body welds and you’re upset with their appearance), you demand it gets moved back to general (this is not a general topic), and then claim that the move is censorship.

I think it would be worthwhile to take a deep breath, step away from the computer, and just go enjoy your perfectly fine motorcycle.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
The reason my bike has not rusted is becuase of the special attention it gets precisely because of the poor welds/paint. This includes never getting the bike wet, never ever riding when there is any hint of road salt (including dry salt) and reguilarly applying anti rust treatments. This is not what I envisioned when purchasing a brand new "adventure" bike. I understand that you need to take reasonable precautions to prevent corrosion even on the best finished bikes but this is just shoddy second rate garbage IMO.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts