Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On another forum, we have a picture challenge thread, it's stickied in the general. I like it, so do several others.

Rules are fairly simple.

1: picture challenge must be included in EVERY post. I.E. even if challenge isn't being met, the challenge is carried forward so it never gets lost.

2: challenge has to be in bold italics.

your bike with sun in the background (example)

3: first person to complete the challenge issues a new picture challenge.

4: challenge lasts for two weeks or until it's been met, whichever is sooner.

5: after two weeks, if the challenge hasn't been met, the previous challenge issuer must issue a new picture challenge.

6: picture challenge must be legal, and must always contain your bike in the picture. You can be as specific or as vague with the challenge as you wish. This issuer determines if the challenge has been met. If the issuer does not respond to a met challenge in 24 hours, the winner may issue a new challenge.

7: your bike, no stock/archive photos. The photo offered up must meet the challenge must be a current photo, not a photo that was previously taken before the challenge was offered.

I'll start

Your bike with a bridge in the picture.

Your bike can be on the bridge, in front of it, behind it, under it(this is being more specific, and certainly not necessary)

·
Administrator
2,848 Posts
If this is a current photo taken since challenge was posted, you're up! If not, then:

Your bike with a bridge in the picture.
Old Challenge: Bike with a bridge in the picture, although a rather small one :)

New Challenge: Your bike in front of an unexpected sign

(In this case unexpected because there is definitely NOT a railroad near there :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Remember to place current challenge in every photo so we don't have to hunt for it. As of now, it's still....

Your bike in front of an unexpected sign

·
Administrator
2,848 Posts
Mod Note: This thread got off to a bit of a confusing start. I cleaned it up for clarity and to have an example of the format. Have a glance at the "rules" and remember all photos posted should be in response to the challenge, current and taken after the posted challenge (no stock/archive). Carry on :)

·
Administrator
2,848 Posts
The AT is uninsured, but I'm going to toss this fresh pic in and see what the community decrees.

Your bike in front of an unexpected sign View attachment 60035

Dude Chilling Park LOL. I like it! I am not sure what @CRracer712's thoughts are. But on other forums where we have played this, there was always an allowance for other bikes in your stable or dealer loaner bikes. So if your AT was otherwise out of commission, another bike would be acceptable. if @CRracer712 is good with it I find it meets the challenge.

Did you get a photo for the next one?

Edit: Nice looking bike btw @InedibleRider :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Which bike you use never mattered, just that it was your bike.

Your bike in front of an unexpected sign

·
Registered
2020 Africa Twin Adventure Sport DCT
187 Posts
Reactions: InedibleRider

·
Super Moderator
5,605 Posts
lol - the photo lens on the "totem" snap makes the Interceptor look pudgy.

I never realized how big the oil cooler is until these recent images.

·
Administrator
2,848 Posts
Old Challenge: Your bike with a Totem.

La Veleta, or the Weathervane, is a 36-foot tall mosaic tile totem pole, commissioned by the City of Denver’s Public Art Program. Denver Artist Jaime Molina and Tres Birds collaborated to design, build, and install the 36-foot tall mosaic totem pole in Barnum Park, Denver.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2,848 Posts
New Challenge:. Your bike with a sculpture, statue or mural of a dog.

Sun Spot is a multi-piece artwork for Denver’s Municipal Animal Shelter at the South Platte Campus. The primary piece is a 25’-tall iconic dog constructed using 90,000 stainless steel dog tags.

·
Super Moderator
5,605 Posts
Hmm, totem pole, eh?

Been awhile since I've seen one in southern Ontario. They might be in a museum somewhere.

·
Registered
2020 Africa Twin Adventure Sport DCT
187 Posts
Hmm, totem pole, eh?

Been awhile since I've seen one in southern Ontario. They might be in a museum somewhere.
Nope - a sculpture, statue or mural with a dog now. 😀

Reactions: Cuchulainn

·
Administrator
2,848 Posts
Hmm, totem pole, eh?

Current challenge is a dog sculpture, statue or mural. Easier to find than you might think. At least in the US. I have seen dog sculptures outide of Fire Departments for example.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Current challenge is a dog sculpture, statue or mural. Easier to find than you might think. At least in the US. I have seen dog sculptures outide of Fire Departments for example.

There is a good dog sculpture I planned to ride to today. Then it snowed. Then it rained. Then it got sunny. Then I took a nap.

1 - 20 of 186 Posts