Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Where has your Africa Twin Taken you?

261 - 280 of 333 Posts

·
Registered
2017 AT Manual - touring / 2019 MT07 - daily / 2004 CBR600F4I - Track / 2005 TTR230 - Trail
89 Posts
Me too! Have to much work to catch up on today. But hopefully can get out to get a horse tomorrow if nobody beats me too it. Plenty of horses and donkeys around. Even some mimiture ones that would have worked for my mimiture challenge :)

Good luck with the OM install. I put them on my wife's bike as well as my own. I found the install went fairly well, other than I recall one issue with hers that I think may have come about from her adding to the existing bars she had, after a drop or two and something was maybe slightly bent :)

Challenge: your bike with a horse or donkey will do :)

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
The installation is not too bad other than two things. 1. I have to undo the middle bars to get slack to make sure the upper bars and engine guard lines up. And
2. I had to remove the exhaust to get to the 2 bolts on the frame to install the bracket where the engine guards mount too. They are too short now since the bracket is like 1/4 inch thick and I have to replace them with longer ones but obviously don't slide out due to the midpipe being in the way. Pita... 20210521_164619.jpg

·
Registered
2017 AT Manual - touring / 2019 MT07 - daily / 2004 CBR600F4I - Track / 2005 TTR230 - Trail
89 Posts
I'm unsure of his genetics, but he looks full horse to me
View attachment 63520
**** that was fast!! I should have thought of something more mythical..like a school bus or something 😁
Nice one, you got it first.
You're up @InedibleRider
Quickly challenge us so we can have an excuse to leave the house this weekend lol

·
Administrator
3,189 Posts
The installation is not too bad other than two things. 1. I have to undo the middle bars to get slack to make sure the upper bars and engine guard lines up. And
2. I had to remove the exhaust to get to the 2 bolts on the frame to install the bracket where the engine guards mount too. They are too short now since the bracket is like 1/4 inch thick and I have to replace them with longer ones but obviously don't slide out due to the midpipe being in the way. Pita... View attachment 63519
Oh dang. What year do you have? I didn't have to do anything crazy to get them mounted on my 2019 ATAS or my wife's 2017 AT.

·
Administrator
3,189 Posts
**** that was fast!! I should have thought of something more mythical..like a school bus or something 😁
You're up @InedibleRider
Quickly challenge us so we can have an excuse to leave the house this weekend lol
Yeah, if I wasn't tied up today I could have gotten a horse in about a 15 minute ride as well. I knew it wasn't going to be hard, but I couldn't get away :)

·
Registered
649 Posts
You're up @InedibleRider
I happened to be taking a lunch break in horse country.

New challenge: Your bike with a historical relic

This prop, destined for the Pacific theater, fell off the deck of a cargo ship while it took on coal in this bay during WWII. It was raised in 1997.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Oh dang. What year do you have? I didn't have to do anything crazy to get them mounted on my 2019 ATAS or my wife's 2017 AT.
I have the 2017 manual. The major difficulty I ran in was the mounting bracket right by the break side foot leg. Like I said if the bolt it mounted to was half inch longer from the factory it would have been butter, but since it was too short it was a mission.
The OM crash bars I had already on there, including their mounting bracket, had to come off to allow the headers to come down far enough to drop the exhaust pipe down so I can access the bolt to slide it out and replace it with a longer one.
Then put everything back up snug, align the bracket in a final position, take everything back down to torque that bracket in the correct position and bolt everything back up, headers then OM mounting bracket that goes in front of the rad, then the middle crash guard and engine guard that connect to that front bracket.
And my hands were not designed for such tight spots to begin with lol
All done now.
20210522_075020.jpg 20210521_205502.jpg 20210522_075057.jpg

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #271 ·
Ok everyone, this is the best I can offered due to covid restrictions. Let me know if it works:)your bike pictured with a uniformed officer on it or rather behind it. @CRracer712 do you accept? ;)

View attachment 63414

Nice job! Most cops are people too, a lot of them are good sports!

I was asleep on the job, much like my AT yesterday...

Had to remove front fender to clean out the mud that caused the frt wheel to stop turning. 5 bucks at the car wash and a trip my my shop for a good hand wash and it's all good. Crash bars did what I wanted(though it was no crash, I just laid it over after it came to a stop🤭)

Your bike with a historical relic

·
Registered
89 Posts

View attachment 63561

Had to remove front fender to clean out the mud that caused the frt wheel to stop turning. 5 bucks at the car wash and a trip my my shop for a good hand wash and it's all good. Crash bars did what I wanted(though it was no crash, I just laid it over after it came to a stop🤭)
View attachment 63562

Bars are handy even just for stopping the fairings from getting scratches. I just ordered the high fender a week or so ago for these type of conditions. Don't like the look too much but I suppose the function is what matters. Bikes looks good all clean and shiny 👌

·
Registered
89 Posts

View attachment 63561

View attachment 63562

Bars are handy even just for stopping the fairings from getting scratches. I just ordered the high fender a week or so ago for these type of conditions. Don't like the look too much but I suppose the function is what matters. Bikes looks good all clean and shiny 👌

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #275 ·
I detest cleaning mud, I'm not sure what I was thinking when I headed down that road. My oldest boy on his 250 Rally and a friend on his 17 AT with a high fender kit stopped well short of how far I went. I'd already turned around and was almost back to them when my abs light started flashing for no apparent reason!😁

I was glad to be close to the ditch to lay it in the grass🤭

The front fender has stress marks in the paint at the top mounting bolts from the fender rolling forward when wheel locked up. I'm glad it didn't break!

·
Administrator
3,189 Posts
I am submitting this for concideration for the challenge of "historic relic.

This B-52B Stratofortress Bomber (serial 52-0005) is on display at Wings over the Rockies. It is the 2nd oldest B-52 in existence. The oldest being a B52 NB-52A (serial 52-0003) at Pima Air & Space Museum in Tucson Arizona. It was put into service in 1955.

• Wingspan 185 FT
  • Length 159 FT
  • Tailgun 4 .50 Caliber Machine Guns
  • Bomb Bay 70,000 lb bomb load
  • Largest Aircraft to have air to air kills

·
Registered
649 Posts
I am submitting this for concideration for the challenge of "historic relic.

This B-52B Stratofortress Bomber (serial 52-0005) is on display at Wings over the Rockies. It is the 2nd oldest B-52 in existence. The oldest being a B52 NB-52A (serial 52-0003) at Pima Air & Space Museum in Tucson Arizona. It was put into service in 1955.

• Wingspan 185 FT
  • Length 159 FT
  • Tailgun 4 .50 Caliber Machine Guns
  • Bomb Bay 70,000 lb bomb load
  • Largest Aircraft to have air to air kills

Thats a win. And a nice specimen.

I used to have a handful of B-52 Squadron patches. Some pretty creative, if macabre, imagery over the years.

·
Administrator
3,189 Posts
Thats a win. And a nice specimen.
Thanks! I wasn't sure what was considered a "Historic Relic," but I figured there was some history in that old bomber.

I used to have a handful of B-52 Squadron patches. Some pretty creative, if macabre, imagery over the years.
I can imagine. I looked up a B-52 Squadron Patches out of curiosity and there are some interesting ones :)

I am going to be a bit lazy with the new challenge since my bike is already at Wings over the Rockies Air and Space Museum. The next challenge will be:

Your bike in front of a transportation museum. Air, Space, Motorcycle, Auto, Train, General Transportation will do :)

·
Registered
2019 Africa Twin Adventure Sports
221 Posts
The Mr. BEAN car for the win.... at least in my books.

261 - 280 of 333 Posts