Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Where has your Africa Twin Taken you?

281 - 300 of 333 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,075 Posts
That is the oddest scene for a mounted rocket artifact I have even seen. So accessible? Rural park? Interesting.

Only in 'merica (and maybe Russia).

·
Registered
648 Posts
That is the oddest scene for a mounted rocket artifact I have even seen. So accessible? Rural park? Interesting.

Only in 'merica (and maybe Russia).
Definitely maybe Russia. I once posed for a photo under a Buran (Soviet shuttle knockoff) that was sitting on the river walk, next to a roller coaster, in Gorky Park.

·
Registered
2019 Africa Twin Adventure Sports
221 Posts
Definitely going to be a "tall" challenge for us Canadians...🤣

I had to google one... but a bit to far of a drive for me. Best of luck everyone!! (y)

Reactions: OVSMOTO

·
Administrator
3,189 Posts
I know of one on a miniature golf course nearby, but it isn't exactly AT accessible. Maybe I could convince them that this is my golf cart? :)

An ice cream shop nearby has a "rocket," but it is a stylized one. 1950's sci-fi. Not sure if that would be acceptable or not. But it is about 50' tall and was originally an art installation piece for Burning Man :)

Otherwise, a large statue of a model rocket at the Estes Model Rocket plant in Penrose, CO. But that's a bit of a haul :)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #289 ·
If I had the day off I'd go to Hutchinson Kansas to the cosmosphere, there's a BIG rocket there!

·
Registered
2017 AT Manual - touring / 2019 MT07 - daily / 2004 CBR600F4I - Track / 2005 TTR230 - Trail
89 Posts
I know of one on a miniature golf course nearby, but it isn't exactly AT accessible. Maybe I could convince them that this is my golf cart? :)

An ice cream shop nearby has a "rocket," but it is a stylized one. 1950's sci-fi. Not sure if that would be acceptable or not. But it is about 50' tall and was originally an art installation piece for Burning Man :)

Otherwise, a large statue of a model rocket at the Estes Model Rocket plant in Penrose, CO. But that's a bit of a haul :)
There's thinking outside the box!! :)(y)

·
Registered
2017 AT Manual - touring / 2019 MT07 - daily / 2004 CBR600F4I - Track / 2005 TTR230 - Trail
89 Posts
If I had the day off I'd go to Hutchinson Kansas to the cosmosphere, there's a BIG rocket there!
You guys south of the border have tons of options eh. even google is stumped in my area.
@TheMKoi are you talking about the rocked in Ottawa?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #292 ·
You guys south of the border have tons of options eh. even google is stumped in my area.

There's a place in Houston and Florida that have the biggest rocket displays to my knowledge 😉

·
Registered
89 Posts
There's a place in Houston and Florida that have the biggest rocket displays to my knowledge 😉
Wish we were able to travel, it would have been a nice road trip 😉

·
Registered
2019 Africa Twin Adventure Sports
221 Posts
@TheMKoi are you talking about the rocked in Ottawa?
Yep, that is the only one I found.

Reactions: OVSMOTO

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yep, that is the only one I found.
Yeah me too and i think the article I was reading said they were taking it down due to corrosion, and was from 6 years ago 🤣
This is gonna be a tough one. Do wooden models count?! Lol 😆

281 - 300 of 333 Posts