Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Where has your Africa Twin Taken you?

341 - 353 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
2017 AT Manual - touring / 2019 MT07 - daily / 2004 CBR600F4I - Track / 2005 TTR230 - Trail
93 Posts
Well, I rode all the way down to Colorado Springs only to find the gates to the Olympic Center closed and this was as close as I could get to the globe.

Center in the distance :(

Tried to at least get a better photo of the globe itself, but it's 98F and my camera was on the bars and it's telling me now that it's too hot and the camera. Oh well

A couple more. Best I could do.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
I definitely think this qualifies! Love it. I see the "frica Twin" in the picture and the globe so that makes you my friend the winner of this here challenge. Also happy I was able to get you out for a substantial ride :D to me this is what this competition is all about. Also the effort you put in is awesome. Congratulations the challenge is yours. Lets see how far you make me ride for the next one lol

·
Registered
2017 AT Manual - touring / 2019 MT07 - daily / 2004 CBR600F4I - Track / 2005 TTR230 - Trail
93 Posts
It is not fluke you bring that up. I actually checked with Google Street View and the municipal water tank (sphere) is all white. I believe it was once coloured in the image of the earth. Ah well.
Now that we have a winner I can let you in on a secret one lol
As soon as you pass the skybridge from Burlington towards the falls there's a giant world ball on the right hand side. the Hamilton one blue and yellow. can't miss it if you try lol although until I moved to Stoney Creek I had never seen this sucker in my life hahaha B88406374Z.1_20181012173943_000_GR2BV74R.3-0_Gallery.jpg

·
Super Moderator
6,118 Posts
Now that we have a winner I can let you in on a secret one lol
As soon as you pass the skybridge from Burlington towards the falls there's a giant world ball on the right hand side. the Hamilton one blue and yellow. can't miss it if you try lol although until I moved to Stoney Creek I had never seen this sucker in my life hahaha View attachment 64176
Ah, maybe that is the one I was thinking about.

Nevertheless, couldn't make it. :cry: (and it is minutes away)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ah, maybe that is the one I was thinking about.

Nevertheless, couldn't make it. :cry: (and it is minutes away)
Sounds like you're not riding enough, we should organize that group ride soon and get you out there feeling the wind in your hair 😉

·
Super Moderator
6,118 Posts
Sounds like you're not riding enough, we should organize that group ride soon and get you out there feeling the wind in your hair 😉
Not really a problem. The problem is availability for such theme topic shots.

If a topic was " ... your AT next to your neighbour's car ... ", I'd probably still miss the opportunity. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
3,211 Posts
Busy day today, especially since I took off time yesterday to ride, so apologies for the delay.

For the next challenge, let's see your bike in front of a mural (not graffiti) similar to this one...

·
Administrator
3,211 Posts
Ok here is my challenge. Your bike in front of your favorite ice cream stand independently owned no chains
This one is Arrons Spectialies in Marlow NH about 1 mile from my house View attachment 64213
That was going to be the challenge I used had I not gone with the mural.

That Rocketship Ice Cream where I photographed the Rocket is independently owned, but there are a ton of them around.

Licks, Rockhouse, Heaven Creamery, The Ice Cream Farm, Inside Scoop, Sweet Cow, Bonnie Brae, Littleman, Milkbox.

Man, now I want Ice Cream. On my way to Estes Park though. Hopefully will see along the ride...

CHALLENGE: Your bike in front of your favorite ice cream stand independently owned no chains

·
Administrator
3,211 Posts
CHALLENGE: Your bike in front of your favorite ice cream stand independently

Spirited, cold, damp but invigorating ride to Palmer. Mesh turned out to be a poor choice, particularly the gloves :)

But here is my bike in front of Rock House Ice Cream. The Ice Cream is good. The food not much more than a vehicle to get to the Ice Cream and make you feel like you at someone somewhat "healthy." :)

·
Administrator
3,211 Posts
I gave some thought to the next challenge being your bike in front of a pass or summit sign. But I realize that while they are commonplace around here, they aren't as common elsewhere.

So instead, let's go with "Your Bike in Front of a Corrugated Metal Building". I hope I have the right term, but a building like this ...

341 - 353 of 353 Posts