Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone thought about or fitted a power socket for the pillion yet and if so where did you fit it?

I want extra sockets for our heated jackets and would power them from the battery.

I have wondered about fitting one in the tool box for the rider, not that I've looked in there yet.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Theres a connector under the seat thats used for the optional alarm that has constant 12v, 12v switched, earth and turn signal wires. Not knowing how much you can draw from the switched 12v supply you could use that to trigger a relay thats powered directly from the battery.

The connector is the 6pin waterproof one under the seat.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I've used Powerlet SAE connector (same one to charge battery on Battery Tender) to charge phones or accessories for a passenger. The adapter is SAE (Battery Tender) to Cigaretter lighter, which I put a two-port USB adapter in. It's also got an inline fuse just so you don't zap your electrical system. Works just fine.

Powerlet also makes mounted versions for their accessories. Not sure if there's anything specific to the AT yet.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to the above.

What I really want to know is where have others fitted a socket for their pillion to the bike?

Sorry if my original question wasn't that clear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts