Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has mounted a pillion seat rack and removed the passenger seat. On a recent long trip I just used Rok Straps to tie things down over the seat. Adding a pillion rack would give a great place for a Rotopax water or fuel and a more level tie-down surface for bags and luggage.

If you've mounted one from SW Motech, Black Dog Cycle Works or any other would you mind sharing pictures and your experiences.

Many thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Did you find anyone who did this? I just started thinking about this today. I'm wondering if I could fit two 2-gallon Rotopax on the pillion rack.

·
Registered
78 Posts
1 gallon Rotopax on a Tusk pillion rack.
The two gallon would stick off of the sides a bit.
The 1.75 might be better than the 2-gallon.
You could stack 1-gallons. I was thinking of adding a 1-gallon water.
Always gonna need coffee in the morning.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Nice! I've got a 46L Givi box on the back that is 22" wide so the 2-gallon width of about 18" shouldn't look too out of place. But then it will be 13.25" front to back and I don't know how close the Rotopax will be to the Givi case in the back and to me in the front.

I'll have to contact some of the manufacturers of the racks and try to get dimensions.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I ended up buying a Perun rack for the back instead. It allows two 1 gallon Rotopax containers to be mounted side-by-side. Save room for additional luggage or a passenger.

Attachments

Reactions: calereeves

·
Registered
6 Posts
You could stack 1-gallons. I was thinking of adding a 1-gallon water.
Always gonna need coffee in the morning.
Looks like you removed the OEM rack all together. Looks interesting, can you tell more about that? Thank you

Hey I found it. ATO Engineering rack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts