Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just replaced Motoz Tractionator GPS tires with Pirelli Trail II. Wondering what others have discovered as far as tire pressures with these tires. Should I stick with factory reccommendation on my ATAS? Right now they are at 29 front and 39 rear. Feels a bit high just from short rides. The new tires seem to be very hard at these pressures. When I run over a piece of gravel on pavement, it makes quite a "ping" as tire goes over it......

The Motoz were getting rather noisy, and I tired of the rrrrrrrr rrrrrrr rrrrrrrrr resonation on pavement between about 24 and 30 mph. They did smooth out above that, but leaning in curves they were whining quite a bit. So far, love the Pirellis, but for sure the Motoz will be missed on the small amount of dirt that I do.
Thanks for any pressure ideas!

·
Registered
5 Posts
HI, I run the standard pressure - factory recommandation since 4500km: front 225-230kPa and rear 280-290kPa
Ingo

·
Registered
409 Posts
I used to run these before I did the opposite to you and went on to GPS Tractionators lol
I used to run OE 29 psi front 36 psi rear. They are great tyres for tarmac especially in the wet.
I just got fed up with punctures and no trail grip.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Side of tire will tell you the recommended pressure
Not exactly. The side of the tire tells me the MAXIMUM pressure and max load.
The Pirelli Trail II says max pressure 42 pounds front at 467 lbs max load, max pressure 42 rear at 739 lbs max load.
Am pretty sure it is acceptable and safe to run pressures much lower, as load is never going to be near those stated.
Correct me if that is not correct!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts