Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After riding the AT for about 80 miles the other day I got home and my back was killing, with the low seat I felt I was leaning slightly forward and my arms were straight, normally my arms are slightly bent, as I'm only 5.6 with inside leg 30"
I was riding a Bmw gas before this bike I had the same set up on that bike,
I bought these adjustable pivot bar risers from aliexpress for about £37 delivered thinking they will be crap after fitting them they are not bad quality and they work very well no back pain, loads of adjustment always,,,,good buy as they are £90 on eBay. Comes in any colour as long as it's black silver gold but looks good,
I've taken some pictures but I need to reduce them down some how as it will not let me up load them.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Blac..._2&btsid=3efbbd3d-7155-466a-8389-2cec4ca9a6bf

·
Registered
125 Posts
Tenere, do you have these on your AT now? I am asking because the AT has tapered handlebars. The bars are thicker at the mounts than at the ends.

They look like a good deal and I would like to get some but I don't know if they will work.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I fitted few days ago, had to do some small adjustments to cables, I may need to reroute the clutch cable under the bars rather than over as they are at the moment, no problem fitting,

These are the risers I'll get some pictures loaded sometime today

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tenere, do you have these on your AT now? I am asking because the AT has tapered handlebars. The bars are thicker at the mounts than at the ends.

They look like a good deal and I would like to get some but I don't know if they will work.
Bar are tapered for a reason to give it that strength, they can make the bars thicker at the base but need to reduce it so they fit a standard hand grip, it's better than having thin bars and a brace across, saying that I like the Bar brace across on my 5 tenere's but on bigger enduros they go for the tapered bar, it's not tapered at the base of the bars as this is 28mm all the way across the base of the bar.
Hope that makes some sense

1 - 8 of 8 Posts