Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

please help quick need to decide TODAY

5K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Hugh 
#1 ·
so im having second thoughts on getting my Africa Twin.
I have Paid for an ABS model in Rally Red only because i didn't like the silver.
But i don't want ABS or TC so i'm considering changing my decision because its $1500 less for the standard model and the dealer has both in stock.
$15,000 even for the standard 12/15 build or $16,500 for the ABS model.
only dilemma is silver is less appealing than red.

cheers for quick replies.

#4 ·
I'd get the colour you want, turn the ABS and TC down/off if you don't want it. The bike will be worth more and be easier to move on when it comes to selling so you won't save anything except cash flow by not getting it. If cash is an issue I'd get a low mileage model.

If your OEM tyres are anything like as bad as mine were you might be thankful for the TC.

#5 ·
I went this route I can afford the extra $1500 but I was thinking of the accessories I could buy with the extra cash. Eg. CrashBars, Exhaust System rear Racks, Rotopax. But since I got the red ABS I decided to go with SW Motech Crash bars as they're reasonably cost effective. So I won't be getting an exhaust or rear rack now for a while. But I can live with that. Don't think I would like the Silver Model. Also My dealer fitted Some Off-road Rubber for me MotoZ Tractionator Adventure F and R

#10 ·
I have a Silver DCT and like it very much. When the ATs first came out I thought the Rally was cool but it soon wore out its appeal. I'm not really much on the color thing to begin with so I guess this response is worthless. Sorry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.