Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have done somewhat the same

Reflectors? This is the first bike i have had in 20yrs that has a front fender and turn signals. Guess i better stay in Texas, haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have done somewhat the same

Reflectors? This is the first bike i have had in 20yrs that has a front fender and turn signals. Guess i better stay in Texas, haha

Yeah not sure about the rest of the world but in California the bike came stock with red side reflectors in the rear and yellow ones on the front fork/fender. See attached. Dealer said they are a CA DOT requirement.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
I hear ya, me and the wife go offroading twice a year with 3 couples from cali and they tell us about all the crazy laws out there, even for the offroad stuff

·
Registered
154 Posts
Made my own also.
I hate to go a bit off-topic but seeing how you took the license plate light section off bownetheclown, did you happen to have a look at it to see why the plate light assembly is so wobbly? The actual plate light looks to be the same part that is also on my CB500X and it is solidly mounted on that bike, found it weird to see it really loose on the AT.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It's not wobbley though, it's all solid. Made it all out of aluminium. Took out the light extension also. That 2 bolt plate is actually bolted from the top to the whole grab bar system that wraps around the seat.

·
Registered
154 Posts
It's not wobbley though, it's all solid. Made it all out of aluminium. Took out the light extension also. That 2 bolt plate is actually bolted from the top to the whole grab bar system that wraps around the seat.
No, I'm sorry, I wasn't referring to the work you've done but the factory license plate light. On my bike it is really loose and was just wondering if you could determine why this is the case since you've had this section removed and could see behind it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Oh.? The Light had an extension piece it bolted to. And the extension bolted to the plastic. 4 studs and 4 flange nuts You couldn't get to. unless you took apart like I did. If the nuts were loose, then yes, wobbly.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Oh.? The Light had an extension piece it bolted to. And the extension bolted to the plastic. 4 studs and 4 flange nuts You couldn't get to. unless you took apart like I did. If the nuts were loose, then yes, wobbly.
Ok thanks for the info.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Guess what, your right. Wife and I hit a bump. Bang! Broke the bottom of my cheap plate border. Luckily it's was a paper plate. Now to re-modify.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,006 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've done that on a few of my sport bikes over the years but after having the AT off road and seeing how much crud is on the inside of the lower tail section I decided to leave it on.
keeps a lot of the mud dirt and crud off the back of the bike.

BTW, My light is wobbly as well>

1 - 20 of 24 Posts