Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a GPS tracker I'd like to fit. You can google it, the SinoTrack (or other brands use the same but with a different sticker) ST-901. Great reviews, very cheap, and a couple of videos of people fitting them to scooters on Youtube.

It has 3 wires, for a positive and negative connection, and for "ACC" (apparently means ignition).

Ideally I'd connect all 3 wires to the bike adjacent to the tracker itself under the rear seat. Is there any where I can do so? And if so, what do I need to add to the bare wires of the GPS so that they'll connect?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi,

there is an accessory connector bellow the rear seat. It is a 6 pole connector, featuring 4 cables.

1. Red/White --> Battery Power (live at all times)
2. Red/Yellow --> Ignition (get's live only with ignition key at ON position)
3. Green --> ground
4. Yellow --> feed to the direction indicators.

This connector is mainly aimed for Alarm system, but you can use it safely for your purpose. You will need to use the first 3 wires.

In www.Ruggedroads.com (or www.ruggedroads.uk if suits you the best) you can purchace the OEM connector (the cost is very low). This way you can do a neat, OEM-like installation.

Hope I helped a bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have a GPS tracker I'd like to fit. You can google it, the SinoTrack (or other brands use the same but with a different sticker) ST-901. Great reviews, very cheap, and a couple of videos of people fitting them to scooters on Youtube.

It has 3 wires, for a positive and negative connection, and for "ACC" (apparently means ignition).

Ideally I'd connect all 3 wires to the bike adjacent to the tracker itself under the rear seat. Is there any where I can do so? And if so, what do I need to add to the bare wires of the GPS so that they'll connect?
You can buy a rear power splitter cable direct from Eastern Beaver.
https://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Bike_Specific/Honda_CRF1000L/Other/rearspliother.html

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts