Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh no I hear people cry, not another screen thread.

I shall ask the question anyway.....has anyone had experience of Power bronze screens for the A/T, I can seem to find anything in the forums.

I love the A/T just had first service, mine is the DCT version which I think is excellent.

I have had many bikes over the years all have required various add on's in one way or another in most cases requiring a screen, any way I usually go for GIVI but I believe unless some one can tell me otherwise its 60cm tall and in the eye line whilst riding.

I/m 5'11 and ride on the lower seat setting, I currently use an add on lip on the standard screen which helps but there is still buffeting. I've seen the Power Bronze which looks good in a tint and its 54cm tall but I've not read any reviews so has anyone any positive or negative thoughts on this. Likewise any thoughts on the GIVI would be most welcome.

Anyway happy riding.

·
Registered
191 Posts
With this bike you want width on the screen. It is there air that comes around the fairings and up the tunnel and up your legs that cause the buffeting.

I have a wide and tall Madstad that is night and day compared to the givi and Puig screens I tried. It still gets choppy and super uncomfortable with earplugs in.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
335 Posts
I’m 6’3”. Givi short screen is great for summer, lots of air. I also have the Givi touring screen for winter and well, touring. Works really well for me. When I sit straight I see over it, if I slouch a bit I see through it. It’s very good quality though so optically seeing through it isn’t bad, but would be a problem in the rain ofc.

At your height would most likely be in the eye line.

Have you try the air dam deflector on the forks? Cover that up and see if it makes a difference

·
Registered
445 Posts
Givi does two windscreens for the AT: a touring one (very high) and a smaller one (art. no. D1144S) which is just 2.5 cm higher than the OEM standard, but is wider at the shoulder. That could help.
Unfortunately windscreens are really troublesome: hard to find the "right" one. I'm around 6' and having tested several of them (OEM standard, OEM travel edition and the ERMAX 50cm), I'm still with the original standard one which provides at the moment the best compromise.
As suggested start with the forks deflector: it helps reducing buffeting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys
Thanks for the messages and your respective info.
I am using the fork deflector/cover thingy I believe it helps.

I think it is the width that needs the attention, from various methods of testing the screen cut outs and gaps on the standard screen do seem to channel air in all directions thus causing the turbulence/buffeting even on a warm calm day.

No mention of the Power Bronze screen yet . Think I will take the plunge and give it a go, (whats the worst that could happen).

I shall report back in a few weeks once tested, which will now be after the Bank Holiday.

Keep any further comments coming, as the bike gets older more and more development becomes available so all knowledge and information is useful and good.

Sun shinning

Ride safe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts