Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many times I have looked to find before and after results for what a full exhaust and a remap looks like on a Dyno before and after. Not an advertisement from some manufacturer, an actual person. Surely some one has already done this and has actual Dyno Figures!! very frustrating. Am told by the dyno guys here that a Power Commander V is probably going to give them the most options to play, and the brand of the Full system is really not that important once we get rid of the Catalytic Converter. Any body have ACTUAL results???

Dave.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any information anybody??? -i was planing on a full system (Leo Vince) with the Power Comander V.... -curious to know if anybody has any experience with either???

·
Registered
417 Posts
In my opinion, it is an absolute waste of money to "invest" on exhausts and paraller computers of any sort to try and squeeze 2-3 BHP out of the AT. The gain simply does not justify the cost.

If more HP and/or torque is needed, maybe the AT was not the proper choise in the first place; a 1090/1190/1290 KTM should provide loads of power.

After MANY years and money wasted on the Varaderos, it is clear to me....you simply cannot make a 10:1 compression ratio motor, with given characteristics (camshaft, valves etc) to produce any significant ammount of performance more than the one it provides already.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Surely it would make more sense to get a really good remap. It must be better value than trying to trick the ECU into enriching the mixture or plugging a power commander into the bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts