Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello , i have a problem with my new africa dct 18, and i want to know if someone else has the same problem. Sometimes when im on D mode, and the dct is ready to change gear from 1st to 2nd , i hear the click of the new gear(2nd) but i see that the clutch does not change the gear, and i still have 1st. This happens also when i manually change gears, so i need to change manually 2 gears to have 2nd gear. The guys from 2 different Honda workshops , check with the pc the moto and said to me that the dct has no problem and the diagnostic machine didnt found any damage or something.Please help me!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

I have a Honda NM4 with a DCT. Due to a recent issue I had with it I have now been searching the internet for other DCT issues. Your issue seems similar to mine.

Here is a link to it.

(Apparently I cannot post a link in this forum because I'm a brand new member.

So much for helping.)

Visit the CTX700 forums and look for the "DCT issue and solution" topic.

The short version.... My DCT went out when I was coming off the freeway. Couldn't get it back in gear. The Dealership couldn't figure out the issue despite the trouble codes. They had to call for tech support from the factory. The tech Honda sent out just happened to be familiar with an issue happening in DCT systems. That issue..... a bolt is coming loose. Yep. One bolt. the **** bolt comes loose and the system can't shift.

I'm encouraging other people who have this issue to file a complaint with the NHTSA. There seems to be a fair number of people who have experienced this with a DCT on various forums for machines with this transmission.

Hope that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts