Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiyas everyone....looking closely at the new Africa Twin, and finally found one in the color and transmission that i was looking for (silver, manual). I'm a huge, huge, fan of european bikes, namely the italian ones, and its been a long time since owning a japanese one. i prefer the uprights and like very much sporting bikes whether track or moto inspired.

if i don't pull the trigger on one tomorrow then it probably wasn't meant to be. ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Owned a number of Ducati's through the 1970's and 80's. Moto Guzzi's, BMW's and Ktm990
more recent years. First Honda since QA50 in 1973. This Africa Twin has the magic of a Euro bike, not sure how or why but the engine set up, sound, ride and feel is brilliant. With a slip on after market pipe I feel like I'm back on a Euro piece of magic with the reliability and lower maintenance costs that Honda are renown for.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I chopped in a 2013 Multistrada for my AT, The multi is a better road hooligan type of bike but it was showing faults on two sensors and also the headlight unit and the digital display were suffering from water ingress so I decided that I wanted something more reliable.

The AT is a bit on the heavy side but apart from that I do like it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oalvarez: back in the 70's I rode my first Ducati, and fell in love. My first impression that I even used 2.5 decades later as a sales pitch when I was a Ducati No. America District Mgr., was "How can something this powerful, be this smooth?" THAT, was exactly my first impression when I first rode my new Africa Twin. I am blown away by how well this bike works in so many ways. I've owned somewhere in the neighborhood of 47 bikes in my life and this one, I believe will be my "retirement ride"... Absolutely LOVE this m/c. It has instant response, instant torque right off the bottom and you're hauling a** in no time... I've only run it up to 4K R.P.M. and an occasional blip up to 5K, but I'm telling you, this thing is MAGIC. You think turn and it's turning. The refinement, the Ducati-like sound, the smoothness, the overall texture of the ride; an amazing m/c and I believe after the word gets out on these, and a few years pass, it will go down as one of the all time best m/c's of all time...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
resounding votes of confidence.......thanks fellas....glad you're enjoying your bikes as much as you are.

Reactions: zippysworld
1 - 9 of 9 Posts