Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just ordered an AT manual and wondered if there was some kind of additive I could squirt in the tyres(tubes of course) that would seal a :wink2: puncture, BUT wouldn't leak out every time I topped up the pressure??

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Thats for tubless tryes, I use a similar in my road bike. In the tube it wont come in contact with the rims
Ride-On works fine in tubes as well(look at their website) - Corrosion can be an issue with tubed tires/wheels as well. The sealant(not Ride-On), if tube is punctured, can leak into the tire and rim before the puncture is sealed and cause corrosion problems even in tires/ wheels with tubes. I've seen this several times.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ride-On works fine in tubes as well(look at their website) - Corrosion can be an issue with tubed tires/wheels as well. The sealant(not Ride-On), if tube is punctured, can leak into the tire and rim before the puncture is sealed and cause corrosion problems even in tires/ wheels with tubes. I've seen this several times.
Thanks for the clarity - different makes, different specifications.

How much did you use in each tube?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've been using ride on for years, I've even patched tubes containing ride on when the tear was too big for ride on to work.
now, to answer your question, approx. 10 ounces rear, and 6 for front. So, 2 small bottles will do it.

Thanks for the clarity - different makes, different specifications.

How much did you use in each tube?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all your responses!

Just one question does Ride-On leak out of the valve when topping up the pressure?

I have this problem with my bicycle which has slime in its tubes - every time I add air it's a very messy business!

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
371 Posts
Thanks for all your responses!

Just one question does Ride-On leak out of the valve when topping up the pressure?

I have this problem with my bicycle which has slime in its tubes - every time I add air it's a very messy business!

Thanks in advance
I have not had the problem with leaking out from the valve stem. Just make sure the valve stem is not in the 6 o'clock position when filling.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I went to pick up my little CRF today and asked about the stuff they put in my tubless road bikes. They now use Goop. This does both tubed and tubless, so bought 2 500ml bottles for a special deal price of £4.00 each and with try them out in both tubed CRFs

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have Bike seal in my tubes.
Thankfully I haven't tested it but I have seen a demonstration of it in action and I was very impressed.
They state it will seal a hole upto 15mm. The guy used a file he hammered into a car tyre then pulled it out and spun the tyre on a rig. The hissing stopped within 5 turns.
Its water based so it doesn't deteriate over time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts