Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi Drewsieboy,
Yes, I have used it, Result: standard in and out nail holes works fine, pinch flats doesn't work so well.
By the way if you decide to use it, make sure you have Natural Rubber Tubes, as it wont work on Butel Tubes.
Have I, will I used it again?, no.
As I mostly do 30/70 long 500~700kl per day rides I now carry extra tubes as well as a puncture patch kit with tools.
Enjoy your riding :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi Drewsieboy;

I am with Denburger on this one. Carry the right spares and tools, get some practice on tube changing and puncture repairs.

Enjoy the bike!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have had good success with Ride-On in past tube tire motorcycles, This stuff saved me on a cross country trip held air until I got to a hotel and was able to pull a tire off to replace tube:

http://www.ride-on.com/motorcycle-formula-mot.html

I plan to use it again in the AT at my first tire change.
I would say I also had it fail me too, but that was a big tube blowout instead of just a nail/screw in the tire.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I've had really good success with RIDE ON with tubeless tires. Tried twice in the Africa twin tubed tires with NO success the front & rear wheels bounced way to much. In know that it's supposed to work in tube or tubeless but it doesn't work for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts