Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a second I thought the movement on the bike was due to the wind but only for a second! If you think something's wrong it usually is! I was doing approx 60-65mph on dual carriageway so fast enough and so quickly dropped down to a halt. Sure enough the front was flat but managed to continue to off the road. Put it on centre stand and checked for a nail or something. Nothing. When trying to inflate it, it sounds like it's coming from area of valve. Wasn't in a position to do anymore so got it to garage and await to find out what is the cause of the puncture. Bit strange but does highlight the whole tube/tubeless debate and either way I think I'm lucky it wasn't a worse outcome.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did it deflate fast and if so how hard was it to control?
Glad you kept it upright.
It wasn't an instantaneous deflate, I came to a stop within 500m or so. It just instantly felt like something was not right so I immediately slowed right down. It was ok to control surprisingly but was relieved it wasn't so bad.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Picked the bike back up. Very strange, can see the nick in the tube but they couldnt see what caused it as the tyre is clean. Not sure what to make of it really

·
Registered
31 Posts
Could it be possible it got pinched on the rim during a bump with low tire pressure? I've seen it happen on mountain bikes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had something very similar happen to me on the rear tire of my 16 AT. Couldn't find anything puncturing the tire. So I pulled the tube and found a small piece of wire that punctured the tube. Guess it was in there from the factory.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a puncture on the back in the wet, it wriggled all over the place especially going over wet white lines, I was on my way to a ferry managed to get book on the next ferry,
RAC took me to a bike tyre place I had his last inner tube of my size,,,,

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had something very similar happen to me on the rear tire of my 16 AT. Couldn't find anything puncturing the tire. So I pulled the tube and found a small piece of wire that punctured the tube. Guess it was in there from the factory.[/QUOTE
Wow, sounds similar to what must have happened to me. No such problems with tubeless.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts