Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, those springs, just wow *in Christopher Walken Voice*. I got the first spring on with a spring puller and chutzpah for the second I used the hook off a bungee tie and a ratchet strap wrapped around the rear tire. 3 ratchets and the spring is on like a champ.

Attachments

·
Registered
977 Posts
They are a bugger to put on. I found the easiest way was to use a long handled flat blade screw driver. Put the springs on the screwdriver and angle them on to the receiving knob. It's certainly worth having when you get it on for tire changes, lubing the chain and cleaning the wheels.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I hit on a way to get them on that worked nicely. After struggling to get the first on I hit on using a large pair of channel lock pliers to get the second one on. I placed the lower jaw just below the hook point of the stand and the positioned the tip of the spring hook on the upper jaw. When I squeezed the pliers together it easily pulled the spring into contact with the hook. I then rotated the pliers down and the spring popped on. I actually had to do it twice, the first time I didn't have the pliers positioned correctly but the second try worked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts