Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!
hope you're all out riding and enjoy the AT! I wanted to ask if anyone has any recommendations if covered motorcycle shippers? (I'm in the market for a CB1000R '22, and the ones I'm finding are more than a 12h drive from me each way, ugh. )

Thank you and much appreciated!

·
Registered
570 Posts
I've used UShip successfully many times in the past, most recently with my ATAS a few years ago. Obviously depends on the shipper you choose, etc. Some of the big name motorcycle have had issues in the past few years so definitely research beforehand, check reviews, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
The one and only time I ever enquired about shipping something, bike, car, whatever it was, I did it online and didn't follow through. For about 2 weeks I had shipping companies comimg out my ears. They invaded my email, texts, dropped out of the sky, came up through my sewer and a lot more. I couldn't believe how the word got out that I was just "thinking" of getting something shipped. They finally quit after about a week or two.
Scott

·
Registered
2022 Africa Twin Manual. R380B.
419 Posts
@FIRE UP :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Same as Ali Express, Amazon or Ebay.
You search something, and hold on for a time after, with all those emails asking if you still want the item.
Funniest so far for me is Ali. I look bike stuff, and they recommend bizarre stuff, that I never have searched!.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Hood

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just shipped 3 bikes via HaulBikes. Communication was excellent, and I really appreciated the drivers, as all are said to be riders. Shipping time was acceptable, but not as prompt as I had hoped, but with the current state of shipping in general, I understand the delays. The price was not the cheapest, nor the most expensive. I really appreciated the customized trailers they use. I did have minor damage on two of my bikes, a broken turn signal, and paint damage where someone strapped the bike down improperly (I know the damage was not from either driver that picked up or delivered my bikes, as I watched the loading and unloading process). I'm currently in the process of working through the claim, so I cannot comment on how they'll handle the damage.

This is the third time I've shipped bikes across the US, and I can say this has been the best company to deal with. Damage happens, and I can deal with it, but when a company doesn't communicate the stress it causes isn't worth it to me. HaulBikes kept me informed every step of the way and could tell me the location of my bikes throughout the process. Excellent team of customer service representatives. So, I do recommend them.

·
Registered
557 Posts
In winter I use sheepskin lined ones but my summer ones are just kind of sandals with motorbike designs on them which my wife got me for Christmas. I could fully recommend either but I only use them when I'm working on the bike rather than riding it.

·
Registered
557 Posts
In winter I use sheepskin lined ones but my summer ones are just kind of sandals with motorbike designs on them which my wife got me for Christmas. I could fully recommend either but I only use them when I'm working on the bike rather than riding it.
Oh sorry...thought the thread was 'Quality motorcycle Slippers?'....my mistake. 💩

·
Registered
2020 Honda Africa Twin Standard
157 Posts
The one and only time I ever enquired about shipping something, bike, car, whatever it was, I did it online and didn't follow through. For about 2 weeks I had shipping companies comimg out my ears. They invaded my email, texts, dropped out of the sky, came up through my sewer and a lot more. I couldn't believe how the word got out that I was just "thinking" of getting something shipped. They finally quit after about a week or two.
Scott
Yeah the same with me, they are relentless! in 30 minutes you will get 50 calls and text messages!, it's crazy.

·
Registered
'17 DCT. Dunlap Missions. Heed crash bars. Honda panniers. GW trunk 4 my gal. BarkBusters
81 Posts
+ 1 on Haulbikes.com
Bike arrived exactly on time from estimate for me. Was decently priced for covered transport (beat u-ship offers by $100 but took a tad longer)
All bikes picked up go to PA warehouse then are loaded to respective delivering truck. Drivers are also riders. Communication was EXCELLENT. Both from driver and dispatch office. Would have used twice but 2nd bike purchase fell through.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts