Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious about the riding experience with the DCT. I a heavily leaning towards the DCT version, but I wanted to ask if one can wheelie a bike with the DCT?

Not looking to start a stunt show, but if riding off-road one needs the ability to pop the front end up at times. Is it functional all the time, or does one need to disable the traction control / enable the "Gravel" mode to do so?

I used to have a 2009 Kawisaki Concours and it would wheelie until you couldn't hang on anymore, but a friend bought a newer version that would not allow you to disable the anti-wheelie at all. So I am wondering if the AT is similar?

I see videos on the manual trans bike has no issue with it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe this is a dumb question - how do you 100% disable traction control? Is that turning on "G-Mode"?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Maybe this is a dumb question - how do you 100% disable traction control? Is that turning on "G-Mode"?
Hold the Traction Control switch until it turns off I think...

...or do you just tap it until all the bars disappear?

I rarely turn it off.. It is extremely good at it's job.. like me climbing this very very steep hill...

https://youtu.be/tMILVr42zR4?t=3m46s

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For me you just have to disable the TC. Can lift the front end even in Auto mode. It will power shift with the wheel off the ground!

I don't have to pin it by any means, just blurp the throttle up where the engine is making good torque, (3k RPM?)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts