Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I got the r&g fenda extenda in Carbon along with a few other extras. Everything fits perfectly except for the fenda extenda (fe).
Luckily before removing my front fender I checked to see how the fe would fit. As you can see from the pics the fe has a depressed area to go under the fender, so easy to line up in the exact position. Problem is, there is barely any clearance to the tire at all. Hardly a fingernail fits. It’s mainly because of the two top corners and the 90 degree angle they fold to at the top, see second pic. Almost fold inwards. I have the oem Dunlop’s and yes they are new but still shouldn’t be a problem.
So appealing to your knowledge before I call r&g to complain. Am I not seeing something, did I get a faulty item? I could cut the corners off but don’t want to unless I’m sure it will fit nicely after
I noticed the pyramid plastics version has a different shaped and smaller area that goes under the fender. This one is huge, but then the fe adds an extra 14cm to the fender so will make a huge difference to keeping my engine and down pipes clean if I can make it work.
Thanks for any advice,
VT

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup have the dremel ready but want to hear back from R&G first in case they sent the wrong one by accident. Could cut off the tips and it should fit better. Might get the RR 1 inch fender risers too at some point soon which means it would then fit perfectly.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My PP one was fine - extra 12cm, but could with being a bit longer. Probably explains the deeper fixing on R&G

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have the PP one too.. but am holding off fitting it until the new wheels arrive and are fitted. fwiw, I also have piece of "helicopter' tape waiting to be fitted to the central frame strut which I believe to be the most exposed piece of frame on the entire bike to damage from stones etc kicked up by the front wheel and (apparently) has quite thin paint. But, to fit it properly means (I think) removing the exhaust headers and frankly, right now its far too cold for that level of faff. The PP extenda is a very tight, though perfect fit against the front tyre, which is the main reason I'm delaying the fitment and at the same time keeping my fingers crossed that the bike survives until its on.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the PP one too.. but am holding off fitting it until the new wheels arrive and are fitted. fwiw, I also have piece of "helicopter' tape waiting to be fitted to the central frame strut which I believe to be the most exposed piece of frame on the entire bike to damage from stones etc kicked up by the front wheel and (apparently) has quite thin paint. But, to fit it properly means (I think) removing the exhaust headers and frankly, right now its far too cold for that level of faff. The PP extenda is a very tight, though perfect fit against the front tyre, which is the main reason I'm delaying the fitment and at the same time keeping my fingers crossed that the bike survives until its on.
Thanks. Slightly reassuring the hear the PP is also a very tight fit. From the pictures, it looked like it had less extreme edges and would mold more closely to the front fender.
Seems a bit silly that they all make them in a way that a stone picked up by the tire on an adventure bike would probably hit the fenda extenda (which is why I didn't buy a real carbon one). Though that is also Honda's fault for making the fender so close to the tire. So maybe the best compromise is keep the R&G one which is very long and get the fender riser I was thinking of getting anyway. At least that should keep things well away from each other.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts