Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Does anyone have a suggestion for an elasticized seat cover that could be installed when I leave my bike parked on wet days? Ideally it would be durable but thin enough to fit under the seat.

Thanks!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ummmm... the seat is waterproof, unless I'm missing something.
Yes, which is the problem. :) If it rains overnight I'd like a way to quickly shed water from the seat before riding. A "shower cap" seat cover would let me do that and wouldn't remain damp like a microfiber towel. I used to carry one of those on my scooter and let's just say it quickly got nasty when stored under the seat.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi all. Does anyone have a suggestion for an elasticized seat cover that could be installed when I leave my bike parked on wet days? Ideally it would be durable but thin enough to fit under the seat.
I wear waterproof gear, when my bike is left out in the rain just sit on the seat and go.

If you do use a microfiber towel, you can leave it on the pillion seat under a cargo net, and if it's stops raining it will dry when you ride. On trips I use the pillion seat cargo net as a clothes dryer for socks and underwear.

I think a tank bag cover would do what you wanted. I have one from a Famsa bag I used to have and it's like a big, thick shower cap. I really should give it to the guy I gave the Famsa bag to--I threw it in free after he bought the bike it fit.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I hv the red,black and white seat and find it hard to keep marks of and clean.any tips on cleaning this material
Hey Rockie, don't go into those corner so hot, and you'll leave less skid marks on the seat, ;) I tried it, and it works ;)
Hope you're doing well me ol'e mate. :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi Kangarooburger me old mate,I use wet gear,and that sorts that out.its those bloody Crickets smashing off my seat that is the problem

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay, so answering my own question: I found this, and for all of $10 figured I'd take a flyer. Fits like a glove!

·
Registered
4 Posts
You should stop by your local dealership and ask if they can hang onto a seat cover from a freshly built unit for you.
Several bikes come with a plastic elastic seat cover that looks like a clear shower cap. It's something they are going to throw away anyway, so they will probably give you one if they can remember to hold onto one for you

1 - 13 of 13 Posts