Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Does anyone have a suggestion for an elasticized seat cover that could be installed when I leave my bike parked on wet days? Ideally it would be durable but thin enough to fit under the seat.

Thanks!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ummmm... the seat is waterproof, unless I'm missing something.
Yes, which is the problem. :) If it rains overnight I'd like a way to quickly shed water from the seat before riding. A "shower cap" seat cover would let me do that and wouldn't remain damp like a microfiber towel. I used to carry one of those on my scooter and let's just say it quickly got nasty when stored under the seat.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi all. Does anyone have a suggestion for an elasticized seat cover that could be installed when I leave my bike parked on wet days? Ideally it would be durable but thin enough to fit under the seat.
I wear waterproof gear, when my bike is left out in the rain just sit on the seat and go.

If you do use a microfiber towel, you can leave it on the pillion seat under a cargo net, and if it's stops raining it will dry when you ride. On trips I use the pillion seat cargo net as a clothes dryer for socks and underwear.

I think a tank bag cover would do what you wanted. I have one from a Famsa bag I used to have and it's like a big, thick shower cap. I really should give it to the guy I gave the Famsa bag to--I threw it in free after he bought the bike it fit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You should stop by your local dealership and ask if they can hang onto a seat cover from a freshly built unit for you.
Several bikes come with a plastic elastic seat cover that looks like a clear shower cap. It's something they are going to throw away anyway, so they will probably give you one if they can remember to hold onto one for you

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.