Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks-

I installed a Seat Concepts seat kit on my 16 Rally Red AT. This kit replaced the seat foam in front and both covers. I have the stock front seat foam and covers for the front and rear. No damage to the covers or foam. Note, no seat pan and no rear seat foam.

Free to a good home, you pay shipping.

If interested, ping me with your address and I will figure out the shipping cost to your location.

Thanks-
Rob

·
Registered
79 Posts
Not interested in the foam or covers, but would be interested to hear how you like the Seat Concepts seat and how it compares to the standard seat.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very happy with it. Fit and quality of the kit is good. The shape of the seat is better for comfort and doesn't hurt reach to the ground. Rear of rider seat is wider and better shape/slightly dished. Cover is gripper and you don't slide around even with smooth riding pants.

Happy with the improvement.

Rob

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure if I have any photos of the Hawks. There are actually two, both mint 1989 models. I bought one from a local Honda dealer who was retiring. Beautiful example with 12k miles on it. Like new with a period correct Targus bikini fairing. When my wife took it for a ride and came back giggling in her helmet, I decided to give it to her for her birthday. Found another one with 9k miles in South Carolina and had it shipped up here. Essentially identical bike. They are really fun to ride. Light, narrow, handle great and sound like a mini Ducati. Very cool.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts