Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 ATAS ES DCT
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I reluctantly did it. Turned my 2020 ATAS ES DCT in for the 12,000 mile service. I knew the shop would have to pull the tank and do the filter recall. Unfortunately, the expected occurred. The high tech display does random and sometimes, repeatedly resets the Trip 1 reset. Just like reseting after fueling. Area turns blue is in highlighted, then back to zero. Today I noticed it jumps around from Apple Car Play screens and selections. I suppose it could be coincidental, although doubt it. I verified it does it without being linked to an iphone or Bluetooth to speakers. My technical guess is wires from the left side switch cluster are pinched under a fuel tank mounting point. If someone else has had a similar experience I would like to hear about it.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Sound more the MID it´is ****ed.

·
Premium Member
2020 ATAS ES DCT
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another reason why no stinkin' dealership touches my bike!! 16k trouble-free miles so far with all service including fuel-tank service done by me....
I too, had already taken care of the fuel issue and I dreaded turning it over to the dealer to get the recall documented. I was also uncertain about the ABS modulator technical bulletin. Which I found out did not apply to mine. My plan is to disconnect the battery, take the tank off, inspect the filter, and carefully inspect the wiring harness. I’m sure this is the last time it goes to the dealer.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I too, had already taken care of the fuel issue and I dreaded turning it over to the dealer to get the recall documented. I was also uncertain about the ABS modulator technical bulletin. Which I found out did not apply to mine. My plan is to disconnect the battery, take the tank off, inspect the filter, and carefully inspect the wiring harness. I’m sure this is the last time it goes to the dealer.
I just told my dealer to give me the fuel pump and document that the recall has been done on the bike. I had already done the fuel tank service long before this issue blew up and became a safety recall.

·
Premium Member
2020 ATAS ES DCT
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just told my dealer to give me the fuel pump and document that the recall has been done on the bike. I had already done the fuel tank service long before this issue blew up and became a safety recall.
I tried doing the same, but they would not go for it. Several years ago the dealership got in a lot of legal problems for not doing recalls.

·
Super Moderator
8,687 Posts
Well I reluctantly did it. Turned my 2020 ATAS ES DCT in for the 12,000 mile service. I knew the shop would have to pull the tank and do the filter recall. Unfortunately, the expected occurred. The high tech display does random and sometimes, repeatedly resets the Trip 1 reset. Just like reseting after fueling. Area turns blue is in highlighted, then back to zero. Today I noticed it jumps around from Apple Car Play screens and selections. I suppose it could be coincidental, although doubt it. I verified it does it without being linked to an iphone or Bluetooth to speakers. My technical guess is wires from the left side switch cluster are pinched under a fuel tank mounting point. If someone else has had a similar experience I would like to hear about it.
Jeez. :rolleyes:

Yeah, hopefully not a pinched/marginally shorted cabling. Better fortune would be a connector being stressed and the connection is marginal from time-to-time.

·
Premium Member
2020 ATAS ES DCT
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Time to do the follow up on the Trip 1 Reset issue. Thank you apple for an update that fixed the update that caused the problem! I first went for a ride without the iphone connected to the ATAS. No problems. Before my next ride Apple had done another update to my phone. My last two rides that issue was gone. Although, Apple did another major version update a week ago and that update wiped out all of my pairing with my phone and headsets. CarPlay no longer functioned and the motorcycle informed me that it no longer recognized my bluetooth headsets. I appreciated the notification. Pairing with the bike took about 6-7 attempts. That was about the same number of times when I first synced everything. I never did pull the fuel tank after the recall. I believe I did a thorough scrubbing job.

·
Registered
2022 Africa Twin Manual. R380B.
335 Posts
Ohhh. Good Info. Here we see a external device make problems to the display.
Very good to have in mind for future problems.
One more thing to check in the future, if the phone is interfering with the MID, when there is abnormal behavior.
Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts