Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I may have something of an answer for you... just from one builder's perspective. I have to make products that fit properly. They also have to be from the best quality materials and machine work that I can provide. These parts are typically made using lighter and stronger alloys and those metals are expensive. They can also be a real bugger to work with requiring special (expensive) cutting tools that wear out way too fast. If I sold a jillion moto widgets per year then we could outsource to China and hope for the best. But I don't. We do it right here, one piece at a time.

The off-road moto world is a tight knit group and news travels fast these days. We stand behind our products and will 'make it right' with every customer regardless what it takes. There are numerous marketing companies that import the cheapest items possible. Their approach is a volume game and customer satisfaction is usually irrelevant. That market will always exist and a lot more money gets made that way than I'll ever see. That's OK. There will also be (I hope) a market for quality. It's incredibly flattering for me when folks buy something I've designed and built. I truly wish I could just give some stuff away to folks who really appreciate it.

Like any other business, we have to make a profit to keep the machines running and making payroll every Friday. When you add up all these little bits and pieces, stuff ends up costing a lot more than I wish it did. I know this may not be a very good answer but it's an honest one from where I am.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.