Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not on a 2018 ATAS or AT, told them it wouldn’t, even though Dimsport said they had now approved its fitment onto the 2018 bikes, they don’t actually have a cable that fits. But even though their website says they do, I informened them it didn’t, now they acknowledge it doesn’t, clearly no one from this company had tried to fit it, otherwise they would have realised it won’t connect.

I do wonder sometimes, I really do wonder how some companies make money....

They might get around at some point and get it sorted.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Wow...that's shady of them.

It's as if they just assumed none of the 2018 ATAS connectors have changed all for the sake of making money.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I’m not sure what the exact issue is to be honest, the connector to the O2 sensor doesn’t fit, but it can’t be just that, otherwise they’d just be sending out a new wiring kit. There are an awful lot of physical changes to the 18 from the 16/17 year bikes, not just the ones advertised in the launch info.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I’m not sure what the exact issue is to be honest, the connector to the O2 sensor doesn’t fit, but it can’t be just that, otherwise they’d just be sending out a new wiring kit. There are an awful lot of physical changes to the 18 from the 16/17 year bikes, not just the ones advertised in the launch info.
That’s a good point. There were 26 changes I spotted between the pre and post 2016 nc750x and Honda only listed 5
As mentioned above though dimsport must have taken the ‘changes’ statement by Honda and assumed heir gizmo would be ok. They are presumably a small company and they have to cater for all bikes but they could have asked for a volunteer user
BTW does this mean Honda have changed the o2 sensor or just the plug and if so why?
Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts