Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

161 - 180 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
Well I ruled out the DCT this afternoon. I took out about 400cc of overfilled oil, but that made no difference, then did a successful DCT reset, but that made no difference either.
Dimsport have suggested I keep enriching the map at 0% TPS and 1400rpm until I get the idle steady and smooth, then when I know what % richer that is, I can stick that in all the cells at the bottom end (which are the ones that the autoadaptivity doesn't touch). So a little task for tomorrow 👍
Mike
Sounds like a plan Mike, I sincerely hope this masks out the problem for you (y)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Holy shamoly!!!! :oops: That is one darn RICH MAPPING!!!! Your tank level probably drops as your revs go up...😄 You say you are happy with this map!!!!? Or is this April fools..
I don’t know what is the meaning of april fools 🤷🏻‍♂️.
I supose 250 km.
Before 430 km.
It’s difficult to go slowly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
set up evolution
full arrow

03/03/2021

31/03/2021

01/04/2021

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
Ok so the full arrow is a monster upgrade & a thirsty one at that.. That is a serious tank range drop :oops:, but glad you are enjoying it..

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think I might go for the Dynojet power vision 3, haven't seen anyone using this on the AT but ow well. This morning I did the what is rumored to be reset of ECU parameters, disconnect battery...turn on ignition..leave it for 30 minutes..turn off ignition and reconnect battery, no improvement with anything.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think I might go for the Dynojet power vision 3, haven't seen anyone using this on the AT but ow well. This morning I did the what is rumored to be reset of ECU parameters, disconnect battery...turn on ignition..leave it for 30 minutes..turn off ignition and reconnect battery, no improvement with anything.
Why do you need?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
So my experiments today on advice from dimsport did not work. They told me to keep richening up (a bit at a time) the 0% column at idle revs until the idle was perfect then use that % setting in the higher cells (ie TPS 5% and 10% and up to 2000rpm).
So I did this 2% richer at a time, all the way from 0 to 25% richer, and I couldn't tell any difference in the idle at all. The EVO display on the computer is quite useful though as it gives an instant readout of rpm. So I was able to take a video and then step through it slowly to see how much my idle revs were varying, and the lowest was 1178rpm and the highest 1320rpm, and it's constantly moving between these. (Could one of you other guys do the same please and let me know if your idle revs go up and down).
I need to get clarification from Dimsport, because I am confused. Their user manual says (about the autoadaptivity function): "This feature does not do adjustment on the first column of the map (otherwise it would correct also during deceleration". So why doesn't that also hold true for the base map that I am fiddling with trying to increase fuelling in the 0% column. It sure feels like the system is ignoring anything I put in there.
If Dimsport cannot resolve this question, I have got one last experiment to try and then I will give up and conclude that the lumpiness of my africa Twins cannot be cured by fuel-modifying units like the Rapidbike Evo and the Powercommander.
Mike

·
Registered
25 Posts
¿Qué pasa?
So my experiments today on advice from dimsport did not work. They told me to keep richening up (a bit at a time) the 0% column at idle revs until the idle was perfect then use that % setting in the higher cells (ie TPS 5% and 10% and up to 2000rpm).
So I did this 2% richer at a time, all the way from 0 to 25% richer, and I couldn't tell any difference in the idle at all. The EVO display on the computer is quite useful though as it gives an instant readout of rpm. So I was able to take a video and then step through it slowly to see how much my idle revs were varying, and the lowest was 1178rpm and the highest 1320rpm, and it's constantly moving between these. (Could one of you other guys do the same please and let me know if your idle revs go up and down).
I need to get clarification from Dimsport, because I am confused. Their user manual says (about the autoadaptivity function): "This feature does not do adjustment on the first column of the map (otherwise it would correct also during deceleration". So why doesn't that also hold true for the base map that I am fiddling with trying to increase fuelling in the 0% column. It sure feels like the system is ignoring anything I put in there.
If Dimsport cannot resolve this question, I have got one last experiment to try and then I will give up and conclude that the lumpiness of my africa Twins cannot be cured by fuel-modifying units like the Rapidbike Evo and the Powercommander.
Mike
i don’t understand anything.
My bike do it by itself.
Has remove your fuel Filter?
Look at mine last week. 😳

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have installed these air filters

SprintFilter P08 Filtro aire Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin /rally 2017> 2 Filtros

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
i don’t understand anything.
My bike do it by itself.
Has remove your fuel Filter?
Look at mine last week. 😳
Apparently it does not alter anything under 2000rpm 'by itself' - Dimsport says the OEM lambda sensor gives unreliable readings below 2000rpm. If you mean that the map supplied has some % in the early cells, then yes that is true, but on my bike it makes no difference to the idle revs which are uneven.
The fuel filter on mine should not be a problem as my bike is not a Sport model.
Mike

·
Registered
25 Posts
Apparently it does not alter anything under 2000rpm 'by itself' - Dimsport says the OEM lambda sensor gives unreliable readings below 2000rpm. If you mean that the map supplied has some % in the early cells, then yes that is true, but on my bike it makes no difference to the idle revs which are uneven.
The fuel filter on mine should not be a problem as my bike is not a Sport model.
Mike
I don’t understand
What’s the different with my set up?

161 - 180 of 227 Posts