Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previously I have posted my complaint of low speed running in traffic through all modes. The characteristic of this model 2018 according to honda technical is to run like a pig at low speed. They all do so live with it ? After fitting a booster plug and modifying it so I could switch it on and off from some switches I decided though better was still a pig! So I tried a resistor and blanking o2 sensor but fault code after a coup,e of minutes and went into open loop. This uses too much fuel and the light is annoying. So reset code and used a diode to drop voltage slightly worked a little in combination with booster plug was getting better but still a slight pig. So I made an o2 spacer taking the sensor out of the main stream of gases. This worked but after a day the ecu started to reprogram to compensate and went back to being a pig.
But finally I bit the bullet and bought a rapid bike evo. Turns out the easy does not work properly with 2018. So it was the evo and at last I have control early day but already the bike is better. It’s an easy instal and if a member of aussie Africa twins on Facebook can be bought for $550. So ad it to your Xmas list I can assure you on this bike it’s a must. Smoother faster and fun free software. :smile2:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Did the same with header and filters on my ATAS , piece of cake

·
Registered
53 Posts
But finally I bit the bullet and bought a rapid bike evo. Turns out the easy does not work properly with 2018. So it was the evo and at last I have control early day but already the bike is better. It’s an easy instal.../forum/images/AfricaTwinForum/smilies/tango_face_smile.png
I read a report of an install, by a professional, on some Japanese sportbike.. It took him 6 hours! Got to wondering how long it would take me.

He gave a glowing review, though, of the changes it made to the fueling of the project bike. Glad it worked for you as well!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey Ghostrider.1127>

Did you install the rapidbike evo at the same time or try running the decat'ed header first? I ask because I changed my air filters for the Twin Air Powerflow kit (reusable from CRF Only) back at the 12K miles service. I already put on an SC Project Adventure slip on too awhile back and never thought to remap. Now I just put on an Arrow header which lined up beautifully to the slip on. That first ride yesterday after the install was so awesome. The power feels soo good. Love it. The occasional gurgle when I slow down is basically gone. (Perhaps due to less resistance in the pipe....i.e. no cat?). I don't want the auto tuner unless I really need it. I've read/heard that without it by running leaner it could potentially cause heat issues and may damage the motor. Any insight you could share would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
I read a report of an install, by a professional, on some Japanese sportbike.. It took him 6 hours! Got to wondering how long it would take me.

He gave a glowing review, though, of the changes it made to the fueling of the project bike. Glad it worked for you as well!!!
Hey Ghostrider.1127>

Did you install the rapidbike evo at the same time or try running the decat'ed header first? I ask because I changed my air filters for the Twin Air Powerflow kit (reusable from CRF Only) back at the 12K miles service. I already put on an SC Project Adventure slip on too awhile back and never thought to remap. Now I just put on an Arrow header which lined up beautifully to the slip on. That first ride yesterday after the install was so awesome. The power feels soo good. Love it. The occasional gurgle when I slow down is basically gone. (Perhaps due to less resistance in the pipe....i.e. no cat?). I don't want the auto tuner unless I really need it. I've read/heard that without it by running leaner it could potentially cause heat issues and may damage the motor. Any insight you could share would be appreciated. Thanks
Six hours to install a rapid bike? :D:D:D:D

I did all togheter , and my suggestion his remap or module if such kind of mod. are done.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Could you please elaborate a bit?

I understand you removed the cat, changed the headers and the end can as well as the filters and installed the Rapidbike EVO?

What are your observations for power delivery, throttle response, top speed and fuel consumption ?

thanks in advance

1 - 6 of 6 Posts