Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have the white 4pin to USB connector for the rapid bike evo module and be willing to let me borrow it or sell me it on the cheap as I didn't realise my unit didn't come with it and I emptied my wallet on the unit :(

Cheers,
Kyle

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
2,985 Posts
Wow, you’d think for the kinda coin you dropped to get that unit that they would include one.. it is just a wire with a couple of plugs on the end.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, you’d think for the kinda coin you dropped to get that unit that they would include one.. it is just a wire with a couple of plugs on the end.
I bought my unit and loom second hand, however I must say that despite the fact I have not purchased a unit from Dimsport themselves, I have contacted them regarding a used unit on ebay on 2 separate occasions and they have provided fantastic customer service and given me all the information and assistance I required, something I think most companies would not do unless you were buying from them.

In my current situation I have an Evo Exclusive Module, this means that my local Dimsport dealer cannot re programme it with a base map, this was sadly down to both myself not realising it was an exclusive unit and the dealer not speceifically asking, either way they once again provided me with invaluable customer service (the dealer, performancebikeparts England, not Dimsport) and informed me that if I plugged the unit a laptop and install the unit software then I can alter the map and allow my unit to calibrate and 'auto tune' properly, because my module is for a eur4 emissions AT and mine is a eur3, this may max out some of the auto tune figures meaning it would only be able to alter the fuelling to a certain degree without my input (which was explained to me and is quite simple to do).

The plug in question is a MT090 4 pin to USB, despite my hunting I cannot find one online ?

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
2,985 Posts
I bought my unit and loom second hand, however I must say that despite the fact I have not purchased a unit from Dimsport themselves, I have contacted them regarding a used unit on ebay on 2 separate occasions and they have provided fantastic customer service and given me all the information and assistance I required, something I think most companies would not do unless you were buying from them.

In my current situation I have an Evo Exclusive Module, this means that my local Dimsport dealer cannot re programme it with a base map, this was sadly down to both myself not realising it was an exclusive unit and the dealer not speceifically asking, either way they once again provided me with invaluable customer service (the dealer, performancebikeparts England, not Dimsport) and informed me that if I plugged the unit a laptop and install the unit software then I can alter the map and allow my unit to calibrate and 'auto tune' properly, because my module is for a eur4 emissions AT and mine is a eur3, this may max out some of the auto tune figures meaning it would only be able to alter the fuelling to a certain degree without my input (which was explained to me and is quite simple to do).

The plug in question is a MT090 4 pin to USB, despite my hunting I cannot find one online ?
well that’s good to know, I thought it kinda strange that they did supply one, but since it wasn’t new.
Rapid bike US has them, but WOW! on the price...https://rapidbike.us/products/rb-usb-cable. Tho I am assuming that all their modules have the same 4 pin port. I can see just why you’d like to at least borrow one or find a used one.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well that’s good to know, I thought it kinda strange that they did supply one, but since it wasn’t new.
Rapid bike US has them, but WOW! on the price...https://rapidbike.us/products/rb-usb-cable. Tho I am assuming that all their modules have the same 4 pin port. I can see just why you’d like to at least borrow one or find a used one.
Yeah they are considerably costly but I got mine are a helluvah good price! Yeah they all have the same 4 pin connector, I am currently dabbling with the idea of making my own plug but I don't want to blow my unit or wire it up wrong!
And yeah, you can certainly see why even borrowing one would be helpful with their prices, I couldn't believe the price of the cable!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts