Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for info in case anyone else has this issue. When I collected my AT the throttle made a ratchet noise, we thought it had something to do with the oxford heated grips that they installed. We decided to wait till the first service for them to look at it..
After the service they said it was the actual throttle cable that was the problem and they were putting a warranty claim in for a new one.
I've now got to take it back as Honda want a picture of the problem before they authorise the replacement. Seems like a simple fault that shouldn't have passed its PDI inspection , I will let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The dealer has taken a video of the problem , and is sending it to Honda to get the authorisation to change over both the throttle cables. Hopefully they will get back in touch soon so this problem can be sorted out.
Keep you posted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All sorted . Got the new cables fitted and everything runs smoothly now.
So if anyone else has a Ratchet noise when twisting the throttle . Get it to your dealer to have the cable replaced .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts