Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda says 400 km from a full tank. Haven't heard anything from the reviewers yet. Maybe something from the few of you who have ridden the thing?
@driesonbikes what was average consumption during your ride?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm wondering what people will do to up the fuel capacity. Honda won't be releasing a larger tank from what we've seen so far. So aftermarket or homebrew something...

400km between tanks isn't much, especially for those Australian guys who hit the outback, 600 km between fuel stops not uncommon...

·
Registered
280 Posts
On my spirited commute to work each day I'm getting approx 50ish mpg.
bloody impressive when your used to a Fireblade, Im happy lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
140 km mixed road, average 4.6 l/ 100 km

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have managed just over 100 miles out of the full fuel tank the other week before the reserve started flashing telling me how much fuel i have left and i might have bent my front rim slightly >:) , but it was fun . if i ride it like a Sissy i can get 200 miles out of it so i WANT BIGGER FUEL TANK ! 0:)

·
Registered
384 Posts
My Africa Twin is averaging around 20km/L. You can track its progress on Fuelly.

http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/crf1000l_africa_twin_abs/2016/pathrider/425980
I think this number would be fairly close to the 340-360 km range to a tank that I get, that means that when its working ie a lot of 2nd 3rd gear work you are not going to make 300 km to a tank. Thats a real pain as it means that you have to start looking for gas every 150 km or so. Over here even on the inland highways gas stops are about 100 km apart (if they are open) so a few extra L in the tank means the difference between stopping 3 times on a ride or 6-7 depending on how you like to gamble. The XL1000s tank at 25 L was a real winner in that respect.
I think a 6 L tail tank would be a real winner here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
120 miles before reserve light comes on

I played a bit of Russian roulette and have risked another 15 miles with the light on.

·
Registered
384 Posts
So your average speed is 40 km/h means you had to stop after 4 hours riding. Seems ok to me.
So you are good with a 4 day trip were you would stop 27-28 times for gas compared to 15-16 times. I have to say I am not that excited about that.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have done app. 3000 km now. Fuelage has decreased (as ecpected). At the moment the dashcomputer says 4,9 l / 100 km, just as promised! I'm not driving like a fool, but I'm not lazy either....

·
Registered
329 Posts
1 - 20 of 64 Posts