Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found that the rear brake pedal was too high in the standard marked position on its splines. As such I have to lift my foot off the footpeg slightly to engage it and this resulted in me locking up the back brake too easily. Obviously those with ABS who have the same issue will find the ABS interfering in such situations. Anyone else experiencing this ?

There are two methods of adjusting. One is to do so via the actuating rod which is threaded with a locknut. That method will add some pressure to the return spring and probably require adjustment of the Brake light switch also.

I opted for the second method which is to shift the lever on its splines by one position. Fortunately that seemed to place the lever in the correct position for me.

I may look at different pads when the originals are worn out though as I think the back brake locks up just a little too easily. I especially noticed this when offroad on a very loose surface going downhill.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue. It is not just uncomfortable, but engages ABS. Do you have a photo of what you actually changed? How do you shift the lever on its splines by one position?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Changing the lever on the splines is dead simple just remove the pinch bolt and it slides off and on easily. Remove the bolt don't just loosen it.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Changing the lever on the splines is dead simple just remove the pinch bolt and it slides off and on easily. Remove the bolt don't just loosen it.
Yes I did this but then found it was too low. However, I was then able to make enough fine adjustment by the nut and screw method without having to readjust the brake light switch - which looks impossible to get too without a special tool to me.
Mike

·
Registered
42 Posts
Brake lever adjustment

Just fitted some adjustable lower pegs and your post helped as I undid the bolt and tried to pull the lever off
I had forgotten that you have to remove the bolt completely

Thanks for the reminder...>:)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Just fitted a Z pedal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts