Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I recently tried to remove my rear fender on my 2019 AT standard to replace the plate light assembly. After trying to loosen the 2 bolts underneath, they both have seemed to break free from the bracket or something and are now just spinning freely. I cannot remove or tighten the bolts back on. Anyone else have this issue? Capture nuts maybe? Any and all info helps! Cheers

·
Registered
577 Posts
The license plate bracket is properly removed from the top where the nuts are. This requires removal of the pillion handle rack.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yes 'Capture' nuts. Yes, they get loose, and the only open route is into the open tube which is the rear frame. Lost they are. Forever.Unless you turn bike upside down and shake.
Some of the others can be lifted by magnet to be held as original. Been there, done it :) More than once!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m not sure I understand. The nuts that are still holding the bolts in place are lost forever? From what I’ve read they’re attached to a bracket under the seat. Thanks anyway!

·
Super Moderator
6,780 Posts
I’m not sure I understand. The nuts that are still holding the bolts in place are lost forever? From what I’ve read they’re attached to a bracket under the seat. Thanks anyway!
Maybe there is a black hole under the seat.

= = =

Welcome to the Forum Rlokeefe!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Reactions: Rlokeefe
1 - 10 of 10 Posts