Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, new member here, had my AT now for a couple of months, and very pleased with it but the weather protection from rear wheel water/dirt fling is like most bikes nowadays: pretty much non-existent:frown2:.

Thus, a decent hugger is on the shopping list. I say decent, as i am not overly impressed with UK choice so far: Gaudy and nasty looking- obvious "add ons" springs to mind: bright colours, gloss finish, Yuk!-form over function......?

Sort of thing I want is as follows:

Matt black, to match the rest of the bikes plastic fittings and blend in discreetly, with max practicality,-a sort of "touring super hugger" i.e:

Extends as far as is practicable over the back wheel, not just a "Bikini" item.

Has an inside divider to protect the chain from gritty crud.

Extends downwards at the front to protect shock linkage from crud. (I know this is a claim of some makers already, but adequate?)

Any one know of a supplier who makes such an item, UK or worldwide? Suppliers out there-take note!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi Bob,was in same boat myself.Pyramid plastics in England.I bought and decided not to put on.l bracket on right hand side pushed up against brake pipe and abs pipe.not great design.if u go of road a rock or stick flying up cld crack huggar.Also there is so mush room without huggar,it's easy to clean and get at inner part of exhaust.Great bike,I'm loving it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts