Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front inner tube spares are easy but finding a rear inner tube is not proving so easy.

Anyone in the UK managed to source or even look for one yet?

Continental ones are advertised on internet but there are non available, even through Continental directly.

A Heidenau one is available in a 4.5 x 18 size that lists 150/70 18 as a correct fitting but I can't find one from a more mainstream manufacturer.

I don't need one but I like to have spares just in case, especially of an odd sized one.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've put punctureseal in tubes today and ordered Hiendau 4.5 x 18 spare just in case.
Now I need to find somewhere to fasten tool tube from www.zenoverland.com site mentioned earlier.
Very good site I've not seen before, thank you Welshgar.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Thanks Tinpot.

I have a similar problem with my bicycle tyres - stops thorns etc. but has no chance with anything bigger in tubes.

If you believe the hype they make your tyres last longer - maybe I'll put them in the next set of tyres but not the first set then!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I use similar stuff in my 690 and, this stuff DOES work !! We ride in places here is SA that are riddled with thorn trees that have thorns that will penetrate acerbis hand guards . the only PROBLEM is with balancing the wheels -- Balance first then add the slime , once the tube has slime in it cant be balanced .. But as I am sure.... we all replace the tube with a new set of tyres anyway .

·
Registered
197 Posts
Front inner tube spares are easy but finding a rear inner tube is not proving so easy.

Anyone in the UK managed to source or even look for one yet?

Continental ones are advertised on internet but there are non available, even through Continental directly.

A Heidenau one is available in a 4.5 x 18 size that lists 150/70 18 as a correct fitting but I can't find one from a more mainstream manufacturer.

I don't need one but I like to have spares just in case, especially of an odd sized one.
old punt has it right: carry a 19" spare for on the road repairs and you will be fine. Rubber stretches - within reason, so "close enough for government work" will take care of it. As for a replacement rear tube - use a heavy duty tube - 4.00x18 is fine (diameter of a 4.00x18 tire is 26", diameter of a 150/70-18 tire is 26 1/4"). It isn't rocket science.:laugh:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i asked about a UK source for a rear inner tube not about rocket science or a maths lesson.

thanks anyway

1 - 14 of 14 Posts