Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Does anyone know where the rear light (break light) wire harness is located, and how can I get to it? Thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hello!

As far as I could see in the shop manual the connector is located directly on the rear (inner) side of the light unit itself.

I would recommend to remove driver and passenger seat and look how to come to the rear side of the light unit.

Cheers, gerhard

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gerhard. I will have to figure out how to take the rear part apart to get to the inner side of the lighting unit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
CRF1000L Tail - Brake Light access instructions

Hello acohen222,

I installed the Eastern Beaver PC-8 Fuze Pannel with Relay Kit for CRF1000L, and the CRF1000L Brake/Tail Adapter from Eastern Beaver. These adapters allow you to install aux brakelights, and aux tail lights without splicing into or changing the stock wiring and connectors. Version 1 - all wires are take-offs from stock wires. Red wire is brake, blue wire is tail, and black is ground. That I used to connect a Skene Design P3 Brake / Tail LED Assembly to my Africa Twin.

This is information from the Honda Shop Manual and are the instructions I followed to install the Skene Design P3 Light Kit on my Africa Twin.

SIDE COVER REMOVAL/INSTALLATION Remove the rider and pillion seat (page 2-11). Remove the flange bolt [1] and collar [2]. Release the tabs [3] of side cover [4] from the rear carrier. Remove the side cover by releasing the snap fit clip [5] and tabs [6]. Installation is in the reverse order of removal.

DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY Remove the side cover (page 2-11). Remove the screws [1]. Remove the side inner cover [2] by releasing the tabs [3]. Installation is in the reverse order of removal.

REAR CARRIER REMOVAL/INSTALLATION Remove the side covers (page 2-11). Remove the socket bolts [1]. Remove the flange bolts A [2]. Remove the flange bolts B [3] and collars [4]. Remove the flange bolts C [5] and washers [6]. Remove the rear carrier [7]. Installation is in the reverse order of removal.

BRAKE/TAILLIGHT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION Remove the rear fender A (page 2-12). Disconnect the brake/taillight 3P (Black) connector [1]. Remove the nuts [2], collars [3] and rear brake/taillight unit [4]. Installation is in the reverse order of removal

I trust the information will answer your question and assist you understanding your Africa Twin.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
@Brian!

Many thanks for this information - the splitcable for the rear light looks very useful (I wasn't aware of it).

Greetings, gerhard

·
Registered
295 Posts
OMG what an absolute palava to get to the rear light. I have got the splitter part but might just try and find the rear light and brake light wire elsewhere and tap in to it.

·
Registered
884 Posts
It's under the pillion seat. Right against the back. You'll see a cluster of wires that contain brakes, signals and running lights - no need to take of the rear section or remove the tail light assembly.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Brian, how long did removing all of the parts take and was there any difficult areas ie. the tabs. I don't want to end up breaking any of the plastics. I have the Givi plate mounted so even more fiddly bolts and spacers to remove.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Well bit the bullet and did it. It was not that difficult but the Givi plate and spacers were a bit of a pain, but they were putting them on in the first place. The Eastern Beaver connector worked a treat and easily fed back under the passenger seat for connecting up to my additional led running lights and brake lights on my box.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts