Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone come across an aftermarket product to remove the Honda rear rack and grab handles? I don't use this for 95% of my life and would like the option to put a rack on only when I need it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Not yet... the problem is most of the rear of the bike is moulded into that piece of plastic!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that read it, looks promising but think the low volume nature and cost could kill it (think its looking like £300 with the rubbish exchange rate at the moment)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes indeed. It looks promising but I wouldn't like to pay more than 200 euro, say max 250 dollars. We'll see what it brings. I have cut off the handle bars and have strengthened the rear rack with some alu bars to the subframe und pillion seat. So now my Mosko Moto reckless soft luggage fits nicely. Not a bad solution but a decent solution would of course be better as long as it isn't too expensive!

·
Registered
1 Posts
abj,

Is there any chance you have some photos of the work you did? I have Mosko Reckless 80's and need some ideas on how to make them fit better.

Thanks

·
Registered
896 Posts
SW-Motech makes a steel plate to take the place of the passenger seat. It may give more mounting points and save the hassle of removing the rail and rear moulded plastic area.

I could see how the grab rails might be an issue for the Mosko luggage or Giant Loop ones that are draped over the bike. Otherwise they look like they would serve as an adequate place to use straps to tie things down for a 30-60L dry bag.

http://www.twistedthrottle.ca/sw-motech-passenger-seat-rack-for-honda-africa-twin-crf1000l-16

1 - 7 of 7 Posts