Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to install pannier racks, and one of the first few steps is to remove the rear rack. So I've got all the bolt out from under the seat, 2 bolts from the front of the black plastic piece, and am at a loss as to what I am missing. A service manual comes to mind, but of course I have only owned this bike for a day. I got a head start on ordering farkles, but did not think to look for a service book. So advice would be appreciated as to what I am missing.

And if anyone has a link or info on an online source for the service info That would also be much appreciated. Thanks, Joe.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I don't have the manual in front of me at the moment but as I recall there are:

- 2 bolts at front of carrier (black pieces)
- either 4 or 6 (I think 4) bolts under the seats, in the silver part of the carrier
- 2 bolts on the sides of the carrier
- 2 bolts under carrier in the back

·
Registered
295 Posts
There is a good tutorial on here somewhere. It's probably the two Allen bolts that come in from the rear of the rack horizontally. Might have a small plastic caps hiding them.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got it. Thanks. I was afraid to start rip n tear procedures not knowing. You're an Ace, Shroom! Now if I had just put the side covers back before the pannier racks. Good thing bolts work both ways. Thanks again for helping out the Noob.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts