Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Chaps

I’m in the process off changing my rear spring and cannot for the life of me get the shock back in the bike.. I’ve removed the rear wheel to try and get more angle with the swing arm and removed the rectifier but still no luck. Can anyone who has done this please shed any light on which angle the shock needs to be at to go in. The bike is on its centre stand in the driveway at the mo looking very sorry for itself.. I’m also supposed to be leading a ride out tomorrow which is looking increasingly unlikely as time ticks on....

Any help gratefully received!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not trying to be rude but how about just the opposite of how you got it out?
Hopefully, this helps.

Hi Chaps

I’m in the process off changing my rear spring and cannot for the life of me get the shock back in the bike.. I’ve removed the rear wheel to try and get more angle with the swing arm and removed the rectifier but still no luck. Can anyone who has done this please shed any light on which angle the shock needs to be at to go in. The bike is on its centre stand in the driveway at the mo looking very sorry for itself.. I’m also supposed to be leading a ride out tomorrow which is looking increasingly unlikely as time ticks on....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried that! I think I know where I’ve gone wrong (was too hasty putting the new spring on I hadn’t lined up the preload adjuster in its little slot making everything at the wrong angle..??) so having 30 mins to calm down and a bite to eat then I’ll try it again..

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi Chaps

Hi Capesey; At least it was not just me :smile2: I took the rear shock out to replace the spring with the Hyperpro spring. No matter what I tried, I could not get the shock back in!! Eventually I removed the bolt for the swing arm and moved the swing arm back slightly. It made the job a whole lot easier. I think, save yourself a lot of trouble and remove that bolt..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I managed to get it back in and then realised id managed to get the bottom bracket of the suspension at 90 degrees to what it should be..! I now have to take everything off again for round 249..! Glad the clocks have gone forward in the uk otherwise I’d be doing it by torch light..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts