Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a rear spring with a higher spring rate other than the Hyperpro that Rugged Roads sells? It's supposed to raise the ride height by 20mm. With luggage and a 175 pound rider I need to raise the ride heigth at least 40mm. Honda shows no part number for the spring, only for a spring and shock. Does anyone know the dimensions and rate of the stock spring? For what I am doing I don't need a new rear shock with a custom spring rate. And I would rather have a straight rate spring and not a progressive spring. Leaving for Colorado in the US in 10 days. I'm running out of time for a solution!

·
Registered
72 Posts
It's supposed to raise the ride height by 20mm. With luggage and a 175 pound rider I need to raise the ride heigth at least 40mm.
The Hyperpro spring raises the bike 20mm so you've gained 20mm - Result. You possibly won't need any of your 30+ clicks of pre-load adjustment riding solo

Then when you have a pillion or luggage you use the pre-load adjuster to regain the same sag as you would solo.

The spring is a rising rate so the more weight you put on the bike the stiffer the spring becomes so it doesn't sag as much.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Has anyone found a rear spring with a higher spring rate other than the Hyperpro that Rugged Roads sells? It's supposed to raise the ride height by 20mm. With luggage and a 175 pound rider I need to raise the ride heigth at least 40mm. Honda shows no part number for the spring, only for a spring and shock. Does anyone know the dimensions and rate of the stock spring? For what I am doing I don't need a new rear shock with a custom spring rate. And I would rather have a straight rate spring and not a progressive spring. Leaving for Colorado in the US in 10 days. I'm running out of time for a solution!
The rebuild on ADV forum quote a 9 kg spring ie one up from stock I think with a re-valve as a very good upgrade for a rider and luggage at 240kg. The feedback is that the stock unit is a very good setup and fully rebuildable, its just a matter of getting the correct spring and valving in there with good oil for your application.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts