Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Swapping the stock tires to TKC80's
A little u shaped part feel off and I don't know where it goes?
I've included photos of the part. Anyone know where it goes and how to I put it back on.
And yes I'm a very bad mechanic.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,128 Posts
I've included photos of the part. Anyone know where it goes and how to I put it back on.
And yes I'm a very bad mechanic.

Thanks
Let us know your thoughts on those TKC80’s

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First impression was WOW traction off-road. My first test was a route that I've done a number of times on the stock 90/10 tires. On the dirt/gravel roads of the route where the 90/10 would slip and slide. The tck80s gripped and felt planted. With the stock tires I only felt safe doing 18-20 mph on these roads - on the tkc80s I was hitting 30-35 mph. I the deep gravel the stocks just did not hold a line, the 80's gripped a ripped right though it asking for more.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've run those for 2 years. Expect only about 3k miles before they wear. I do get on it pretty hard, so mileage will vary. :)

·
Registered
744 Posts
And yes I'm a very bad mechanic. Thanks
Looks like you unbolted the calliper? Not necessary. pull the axle. roll wheel forward to remove chain.
The calliper complete with mount slides forward and you lift it out of the way. Remove wheel and put calliper mount back in position.
Use tyre lever to spread the rear brake pads - makes it easier to slot it all back together.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts