Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am looking for reasonably priced slip-on exhaust that would give me some weigth reduction and slightly heavier sound (only slightly).

I am found this Delkavic thing:
http://www.delkevic.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=107856&product_id=47572

Seems like great price and I also found sound video, which sounds good for me:

As a down isde I don`t like this mirror polished look.

Does anyone here have experiance with the build quality of Delkevic exhausts?

My alternative option right now would be Arrow Aluminium slip-on, like this (from 1:05 - 1:30)

Thank you

·
Registered
976 Posts
I have the Delkevic on my bike. Sounds absolutely awesome. Not obnoxiously loud but more like a hot-rod V8 car.
The quality was surprisingly good, really good, considering it is almost half of the price of most other exhausts. Welds are perfect and the mounting hardware is the most robust of any of the ones I've seen (I have the Leo Vince on another bike).
If you like a bit louder, growlier, and reasonable price - I think it's the ticket.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I took the longer version. The shorty just seemed too short especially when using panniers/luggage - I was concerned about exhaust heat. Still love the sound of mine - nice roar!

·
Registered
CRF1000L | Gold Wing DCT
279 Posts
Ran a carbon Delkevic on the Concours 14 for over 40k miles without a problem. Leaning towards one for the AT.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the stubby 14". Love it. Sounds great as stated previously. Not obnoxious, and I can actually tell when I need to shift now, lol. Can't go wrong for the price.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Delkevic Feedback

I just got the 18" stainless steel. Out of the box it looks and feels like a quality piece, hard to believe it's no more than half the price of the next-cheapest choice. Super-easy 10 minute install, everything fit perfectly, all parts supplied, they even give you a tube of silicon sealent to apply to the mating surfaces.

Sound is wow. The idle is slightly louder and a little throatier than stock. Stock pipe makes the low-end/midrange sound like a Honda outboard, and this pipe dispels that somewhat. But it really comes alive on the top end, with a cultured but healthy snarl that totally belies the mild-mannered powerband. The exhaust is writing checks the powerband can't cash! But I'll take it, happily. The wonderful rumble on overrun is even more pronounced, too. Quite happy with the results, and it looks terrif, too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Using it with the stock exhaust? Pics of yours with luggage mounted?

I've had a Delkevic can on a previous bike, and they seem like good value.
I have no idea how to post pictures. Photobucket won't let me unless I pay. I have the Brooks racks which are basically Touratech rip-offs. The tip ends at the back of the luggage hoop. No chance of burning anything. Pm me and I'll send you a picture.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have no idea how to post pictures. Photobucket won't let me unless I pay. I have the Brooks racks which are basically Touratech rip-offs. The tip ends at the back of the luggage hoop. No chance of burning anything. Pm me and I'll send you a picture.
No worries that's good enough. Thanks!

I stopped posting pictures here and my other bike-specific forum after the photobucket change too. You can directly upload photos, but they have to be smaller than my camera is set for. We know the solutions, but it's not worth solving to me--there are other places I can post photos directly.

·
Registered
110 Posts
So, is everyone still happy with their Delkevic? For the price I am really interested but have some questions. Keeping it stock, web site says no jetting changes necessary, how do you all feel about that? My bike starts and runs great and I'm happy with the current performance and don't want to add anything to the electronics just to add a pipe. Is it US Forestry Service approved? Does the polished stainless steel or carbon fiber discolor over time?
Any other info you have into the long term performance and durability will be a great help to me.
Thank you fellow AT riders

·
Registered
976 Posts
Still happy with mine. 20,000 km in and it's no louder than when I installed it on the bike.
No rust or discolourations - still looks new. Couple of scratches from luggage tiedown straps.
It is NOT USFS approved. I asked them about a spark arrestor when I bought it last spring and they said 'they were working on it'. Still haven't seen one available.
I think it's good value for an exhaust and I'd buy it again.

So, is everyone still happy with their Delkevic? For the price I am really interested but have some questions. Keeping it stock, web site says no jetting changes necessary, how do you all feel about that? My bike starts and runs great and I'm happy with the current performance and don't want to add anything to the electronics just to add a pipe. Is it US Forestry Service approved? Does the polished stainless steel or carbon fiber discolor over time?
Any other info you have into the long term performance and durability will be a great help to me.
Thank you fellow AT riders

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sounds nice. Any loss of torque at all?
Here's another person who did the same thing but he put back the spark arrestors, states that putting them back refined the tone. I'm waiting to see if he posts a sound clip. I'm also pricing a Remus exhaust now that they are running a sale but haven't decided.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts