Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is official. Received my recall notice today. Called my dealer and ordered the parts. Hope to get it resolved before it warms up. Service tech said it would be his first one. Not the statement you want to hear from the mechanic.

·
Registered
2019 ATAS DCT
85 Posts
It is official. Received my recall notice today. Called my dealer and ordered the parts. Hope to get it resolved before it warms up. Service tech said it would be his first one. Not the statement you want to hear from the mechanic.
Hey youve got me beat, I called the dealer the week I heard about the recall and was promised a "call back", thats yet to happen and that was 4 weeks ago....

·
Administrator
2,388 Posts
You shouldn't need to wait for the recall notice. I got a call from my dealer weeks before that recall card arrived saying they had the parts and I could bring it in whenever. If they don't have the parts they should be able to order them even without the notice.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2,388 Posts
I got my recall notice today. 2018 ATAS. Bought new in September 18. I've not had any issues with fuelling on my bike
I never had a problem with fueling on mine either... until one day I did :)

I really thought i was one of the "lucky ones" that wouldn't have the issue.

·
Administrator
2,388 Posts
It's going in the the recall. I'm not chancing my luck. I was just saying it's been trouble free so far.
Good to get it taken care of for sure. Mine tried to kill me one day when it decided to start to sputter and die mid-pass. Not a great feeling :)

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
Had mine at the dealership this week and it’s back home. I didn’t have issues but wasn’t going to take any chances.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Mine went in Wednesday. Haven't heard yet what they found or when I get it back, not that it matters for a few week with all the ice and snow.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got mine yesterday (UK), also 2019 ATAS brought from new - have been having some power loss/ dips in the rev range that have been random - although they never found anything in the tank - but my new recall letter now explains fuel filter and fuel line replacement due to Zinc oxidization during tank fabrication and welding. So could explain a lot - booking it in this week 🤞

·
Registered
16 Posts
Got my recall letter for my 2020 ATAS, it's booked in for 3rd of March for recall work and first service.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My dealer called me a few weeks ago to see when i wanted to drop the bike off, letter just hit my mailbox last week..... Mine got dropped off on Saturday 2/20 and the dealer has already received the parts for mine so it is being done right now. I go back to pick it up on Sat this week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts