Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend which brand and type of inner tube for road use in Conti Attack 2 tyres please. I am looking to carry spares on a trip.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've had good luck with Bridgestone UHD tubes had them in my 450 for multiple tyres and never an issue. but I don't think they do them in Africa Twin sizes but the Michelin UHD come in a 140/80-18 which would be just as good I suppose and should stretch to fit the 150.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
Many brands fit the front, but you are very limited with the odd rear size. Forget the Michelin UHD. It's way too heavy and stiff, and takes up more valuable space than a regular tube - important when carrying as a spare. Metzeler makes a nice 140/80-18 tube that fits. Not cheap at ~$30, but same for the Michelin.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Many brands fit the front, but you are very limited with the odd rear size. Forget the Michelin UHD. It's way too heavy and stiff, and takes up more valuable space than a regular tube - important when carrying as a spare. Metzeler makes a nice 140/80-18 tube that fits. Not cheap at ~$30, but same for the Michelin.

MCrag makes a good point about HD tubes as spares. I would never carry a HD Tube as a Spare. Always carry a light standard tube as a spare but I would always recommend a HD tube as a main tube. The extra weight in the tyre on an ADV bike is negligible from a performance perspective but the extra durability is well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cuchulainn
1 - 4 of 4 Posts