Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks,

I've got a rear shock preload adjuster that just won'ty turn under normal human strength on a 2017 AT. Short of adding some mechanical advantage to this situation...any recommendations to get the preload adjuster working again without making a bad situation worse? I've tried adjusting it with the rear wheel off the ground...no change.

T.I.A!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Folks,

I've got a rear shock preload adjuster that just won'ty turn under normal human strength on a 2017 AT. Short of adding some mechanical advantage to this situation...any recommendations to get the preload adjuster working again without making a bad situation worse? I've tried adjusting it with the rear wheel off the ground...no change.

T.I.A!
unscrew the knob adjuster off and spray loads of wd40 into it then turn it fully in then fully out then spray again with wd40 then screw it in again and it'll loosen up enough to do it by hand when you need to, but remember to do it at least every time you wash the bike or once a month

1 - 2 of 2 Posts