Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this bike. What is the red 4 prong plug for. Secondly it does have 12 volt power with switch on. Has anyone use this to run auxiliary fuse panel. Does anyone know what plug to use instead of going directly to wire for connecting.

·
Super Moderator
4,071 Posts
New to this bike. What is the red 4 prong plug for. Secondly it does have 12 volt power with switch on. Has anyone use this to run auxiliary fuse panel. Does anyone know what plug to use instead of going directly to wire for connecting.
You mean this one?

If so, then it is the OBD2 interface.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats the one. I'm thinking of tapping on to it for the 12 volt power supply. It will be fused if it ever needs to be used.

·
Super Moderator
4,071 Posts
What software do you use? Is there anything Honda or AT specific?

Thanks
Chris
I use the app "Torque Pro" ("Torque" will work too) on Android. The blue OBD2-to-Bluetooth adapter is a generic Chinese off-brand, but it has never failed to work no matter what vehicle I connect it too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I use the app "Torque Pro" ("Torque" will work too) on Android. The blue OBD2-to-Bluetooth adapter is a generic Chinese off-brand, but it has never failed to work no matter what vehicle I connect it too.
Thanks, looks to be a standard OBD app. I was hoping maybe you had an app like forscan is to Fords.
I use the obdlink mx+ and like it too. I haven’t tried it on the AT yet but will look for the adapter now.

·
Super Moderator
2,265 Posts
Thanks, looks to be a standard OBD app. I was hoping maybe you had an app like forscan is to Fords.
I use the obdlink mx+ and like it too. I haven’t tried it on the AT yet but will look for the adapter now.
I don’t recall the protocols used in communication, but have found some readers have it and some don’t. I can tell you that any error codes will be given in a alphanumeric code. In other words it will give you something like ‘4A3000’ instead of “O2 sensor low voltage’ also just a few live readings. The adapter plug will act as a jumper and the ”check engine” light will flash any error reference codes ...

More info:

·
Super Moderator
4,071 Posts
I don’t recall the protocols used in communication, but have found some readers have it and some don’t. I can tell you that any error codes will be given in a alphanumeric code. In other words it will give you something like ‘4A3000’ instead of “O2 sensor low voltage’ also just a few live readings. The adapter plug will act as a jumper and the ”check engine” light will flash any error reference codes ...

More info:
Good point @AT-Dragon. The hexadecimal code is still valid, however, the cross-reference functionality may be missing in various mobile apps. Manually looking up the code should be something that can be done (seen it done, maybe even on this forum).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts